Arriving alongside the new generation is 2020’s entry into the Call of Duty franchise, Black Ops Cold War. After its absence from Modern Warfare, Zombies returns once more, alongside the usual suite of multiplayer modes. So that you can squad up easily, here’s everything you need to know about how to play with friends in CoD Black Ops Cold War multiplayer and zombies.
You’ll be able to choose which mode you want to play from the main Black Ops Cold War menu, but the way to squad up with friends remains the same across all of them, unless you’re looking to play splitscreen.
How to Play With Friends in CoD Black Ops Cold War
What you need to do is press triangle if you’re on PlayStation 4 or PS5 (Y on Xbox consoles) to bring up the Social menu.
There, it should show who from your friends list is online and playing CoD Black Ops Cold War. From there, simply press X/A on them to bring up the options and start the process of playing with the friends you want to play with.
Select ‘Invite to Party’ and a notification will be sent off to them. All you then need to do is wait for them to join. If you’re playing with someone on a different system/platform, you’ll need to add their Activision username first.
Once they have, you should see them in the lobby alongside your Operator and you’ll be able to jump into an online match together, whether that be in multiplayer or zombies.
That’s everything you need to know about how to play with friends in CoD Black Ops Cold War multiplayer and zombies. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to check out our wiki guide or search for Twinfinite.
- COD: Black Ops Cold War & War Zone’s Mauer Der Toten Zombies Map Showcased in New Trailer
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Gameplay Trailer Revealed at Summer Game Fest
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- You Can Play Black Ops Cold War’s New Zombies Mode, Outbreak, a Day Early
- Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 2 Content Fully Detailed