The ability to ping is a great way to quickly communicate with your teammates in online games, and if you’re looking to play CoD Black Ops Cold War’s Zombies or multiplayer modes with others, this should definitely be something you’re making use of. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to ping in Black Ops Cold War’s Zombies mode and multiplayer, so you can quickly highlight points of interest for your friends.
We should probably go over exactly what ‘pinging’ is. For those unaware, this allows you to quickly place an onscreen marker and highlight something of interest to your teammates. For example, if you think you should unlock a specific door in zombies next, you can ‘ping’ it to put a marker on all of your friends’ screens, so nobody ends up spending points on the wrong one.
In multiplayer, this can be used to highlight an enemy’s location, or where you want a teammate to move so you can perform a lethal pincer attack on the opposition.
How to Ping in Black Ops Cold War
To ping, simply press Z on PC, or press left on the d-pad on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
This will cause a marker to be pinged out to all of your teammates where your reticle was pointing when you pressed Z/ left on the d-pad.
If you want to change your ping, simply press the input again while you’re aiming at where you want to mark.
That’s everything you need to know on how to ping in Black Ops Cold War’s Zombies and multiplayer. For more tips, tricks and guides, head over to our guide wiki, search for Twinfinite, or check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Gameplay Trailer Revealed at Summer Game Fest
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- You Can Play Black Ops Cold War’s New Zombies Mode, Outbreak, a Day Early
- Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 2 Content Fully Detailed
- Black Ops Cold War Season Two Intro Cinematic Teases New Operator & Weapons