Ghost of Tsushima Legends is a totally free cooperative multiplayer experience that’s completely separate from the main single-player campaign; there are no microtransactionsat all.
Of course, you will need to have PlayStation Plus and the base game purchased but what Sucker Punch has created here is so worth it.
There are four-player horde-style missions where you must survive dozens of waves of enemies without your team dying. There’s also a two-player story mode that plays similarly to the single-player story, in which you can stealth your way through most of the sequences with a buddy.
Communicating with a friend over voice chat in this mode is very neat as well. Being able to say, “Hey, you get the one on the left, and I’ll take the one on the right,” and then accurately perform the assassinations is always super satisfying.
There’s also a fairly deep customization/loot system, which we can go into next.
- The Last of Us Part II, Hades, & Ghost of Tsushima Lead Nominations for 2021 GDC Awards
- Ghost of Tsushima Actor Promises to Agree to Butt Nudity if He’s Chosen for the Film
- 5 Actors Who Could Totally Play Jin in The Ghost of Tsushima Movie
- Ghost of Tsushima Film Adaptation Announced, Directed by Chad Stahelski
- Ghost of Tsushima Dev on Respecting Japanese Culture & How Sony Allowed Sucker Punch to Take Its Time