Ghost of Tsushima Legends is a totally free cooperative multiplayer experience that’s completely separate from the main single-player campaign; there are no microtransactions at all.
Of course, you will need to have PlayStation Plus and the base game purchased but what Sucker Punch has created here is so worth it.
There are four-player horde-style missions where you must survive dozens of waves of enemies without your team dying. There’s also a two-player story mode that plays similarly to the single-player story, in which you can stealth your way through most of the sequences with a buddy.
Communicating with a friend over voice chat in this mode is very neat as well. Being able to say, “Hey, you get the one on the left, and I’ll take the one on the right,” and then accurately perform the assassinations is always super satisfying.
There’s also a fairly deep customization/loot system, which we can go into next.
- Watch the Show Inspired by Ghost of Tsushima on Japanese TV and Discover the Game’s Unique Setting
- Show Inspired by Ghost of Tsushima Will Air on Japanese TV Next Week
- Ghost of Tsushima Is The Fastest-Selling First-Party Original PS4 Game With 5 Million Units Sold
- Sony: Ghost of Tsushima Has Sold 5 Million Copies, God of War Franchise at 51 Million
- Fan-Made Video Reimagines True Detective Opening Using Ghost of Tsushima