Today marks the release of the Crown Tundra DLC, the second part of the expansion pass for Pokemon Sword and Shield. With a whole new story to follow, legendary Pokemon to catch in Dynamax Adventures and the three legendary birds roaming the new Crown Tundra area, there’s plenty for players to sink their teeth into once they get there. But that raises the question of how do you start Crown Tundra DLC in Pokemon Sword and Shield?
How to Start Crown Tundra in Pokemon Sword & Shield
To start the Crown Tundra DLC, you’ll first need to make sure your game is updated with latest update that should release on Oct. 22 and that you’ve got the Pokemon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass. This can be purchased from the Nintendo eShop for $29.99 or £26.99.
Once this is done, load up Pokemon Sword/ Shield. Head to Wedgehurst’s train station, and speak to the NPC just next to the gates here. You’ll then be able to select the ‘Crown Tundra’ option, much like you chose ‘Armor Isle’ to access the Isle of Armor DLC.
When you get there, you’ll immediately meet Peony, one of the old Galar gym leaders. He’ll tell you that he’s making you the leader of a team tasked with exploring the new area.
You’ll then be thrown head-first into all the new content that Crown Tundra has to offer. It’s worth noting that the legendary birds — Zapdos, Aritcuno and Moltres — will be encountered as part of the new quests in Crown Tundra.
The other legendary Pokemon that have been added into the games with the new expansion are caught by completing Dynamax Adventures, a new co-op mode.
How to Start Crown Tundra in Pokemon Sword and Shield
- Ensure you’ve got the Pokemon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass and have got the latest title update for the game.
- Load up Pokemon Sword/ Shield.
- Fly to Wedgehurst and go to the train station.
- Speak to the NPC stood by the gates and select the “Crown Tundra” option.
That’s everything you need to know to start the Crown Tundra DLC in Pokemon Sword and Shield. For more tips and tricks on the games, head over to our guide wiki, search for Twinfinite, or check out even more of our coverage on the games below.
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: The Crown Tundra Review – Ending on a Positive Note
- What’s New in Pokemon Sword & Shield’s Crown Tundra DLC? Everything You Need to Know
- Pokemon Sword & Shield Expansion Pass Gets New Screenshots and Key Art
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: The Crown Tundra DLC Gets Release Date and Trailer
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: The Crown Tundra Information Coming Tomorrow