Pokemon’s world can be cute and friendly due to its animal-like creatures that inhabit the world alongside humans. But instead of keeping them as pets as we do, people in the Pokemon universe treat them as equals.
But not everything is all cute and cuddly in the land of Pokemon. There are many instances where the games and anime have gotten incredibly serious and dark.
What’s mostly a family-friendly franchise doesn’t always shy away from things like death, disease, and other real-world issues. Here are some unsettling things in the Pokemon universe to make you think twice about these cute creatures.
If you’ve gone through the years without knowing what Pokerus is, then you’re definitely not alone. Pokerus is a parasite that can latch onto your Pokemon, technically making them sick.
While it does provide benefits for leveling up your Pokemon, the idea that they’re infected is creepy. Not only this, but the parasite can move from one member of your team to the next and can also infect your Pokemon eggs.
If some of your Pokemon get infected, others will comment on it like Nurse Joy in the Pokemon center and Professor Elm. They say that while it isn’t harmful, it does multiply fast and can spread easily.
Even though Pokemon is more family-oriented, Pokerus is another example of how the series can get creepy and too real sometimes. Nobody wants their little Bulbasaur to be infected.
- New Pokemon Snap Gets Extensive Trailer and TV Commercials Showing Gameplay & Pokemon Aplenty
- Pokemon Gets Even More “Poke-Lid” Manholes in Kyoto, Japan; Starring Ho-oh, Pichu, Cyndaquil, & More
- Pokemon GO’s Tricky Event Set To Return on April Fool’s Day
- Pokemon Slowpoke Gets Its Own Post Box and Post Van in Japanese City
- Pokemon GO Springs into April With Tons of Events