Halo 3: ODST’s Campaign Arrives on PC
The major addition of this update is Halo 3: ODST’s release on PC. ODST’s campaign casts aside Master Chief’s more epic tale for a more focused and grounded story revolving around a rookie ODST soldier. After a rough landing in his drop pod, the rookie has to piece together what happened to his different squadmates in a dark and foreboding city.
If it’s your first time playing ODST you may notice some minor changes from the traditional Halo formula, such as the lack of regenerating shields. Who needs shields though when you have the sweet sounds of rain and saxophone-centric blues? It’s the mix of those sounds and the darker setting that makes the game’s atmosphere so memorable.
The lack of a traditional multiplayer mode and the shift from playing as a Spartan to an ODST has definitely made the game a bit of a dark horse compared to the rest of the mainline entries. Give it a shot (or replay) though and you might just come to the light and see why it is the best Halo campaign ever made. This now leaves Halo 4 as the next (and final) game set to be added to the Master Chief Collection on PC.
- Halo TV Series Headed to Paramount+ Streaming Service
- Halo Infinite’s Sandbox Team Goes Over Weapons, Vehicles, Damage Types & More in Inside Infinite
- 343 Industries Promise to Start Providing Monthly Updates on Halo Infinite’s Progress
- Bungie’s Official Halo Site to Go Offline Permanently in February, Save Your Stats While You Can
- Halo Infinite Release Window Updated to Fall 2021; New WIP Images Revealed