Halo 3: ODST’s Campaign Arrives on PC
The major addition of this update is Halo 3: ODST’s release on PC. ODST’s campaign casts aside Master Chief’s more epic tale for a more focused and grounded story revolving around a rookie ODST soldier. After a rough landing in his drop pod, the rookie has to piece together what happened to his different squadmates in a dark and foreboding city.
If it’s your first time playing ODST you may notice some minor changes from the traditional Halo formula, such as the lack of regenerating shields. Who needs shields though when you have the sweet sounds of rain and saxophone-centric blues? It’s the mix of those sounds and the darker setting that makes the game’s atmosphere so memorable.
The lack of a traditional multiplayer mode and the shift from playing as a Spartan to an ODST has definitely made the game a bit of a dark horse compared to the rest of the mainline entries. Give it a shot (or replay) though and you might just come to the light and see why it is the best Halo campaign ever made. This now leaves Halo 4 as the next (and final) game set to be added to the Master Chief Collection on PC.
- Former 343 Industries Artist Clarifies Reports About Halo Infinite & Studio
- Halo Infinite Gets New Screenshots Showing PC Aspect Ratio, Field of View, & Options
- Halo Infinite Will Support Multiplayer Cross-Play and Cross-Progression
- 343 Industries Goes Deep Into Music & Sounds of Halo Infinite in Latest Insider
- Halo TV Series Headed to Paramount+ Streaming Service