Fallout New Vegas 2
Bethesda Game Studios and Obsidian Entertainment are back in the same boat, hand-in-hand, eyeing up a small fire ant as they fire up their VATS. You’re god damn right we’re talking about some strange, metaphorical version of Fallout New Vegas 2, and following Microsoft’s acquisition of Zenimax Media yesterday, it could actually become a reality!
To add further fuel to the fire, Obsidian Entertainment tweeted this out yesterday.
Fallout New Vegas quickly became a fan favorite when it released in 2010. Players took control of a character known as the Courier, who is ambushed while transporting a package across the Mojave Desert to the city of New Vegas.
With all the usual Fallout goodness in there — excellent writing, fantastic quest design, and a sprawling treasure trove of an open world — New Vegas’ story and characters were what really made it stand out, even against the mainline entry in Fallout 3 that had released the year prior.
Now nearly two console generations later, Bethesda and Obsidian can give fans the sequel they’ve been waiting a decade for. Let’s just hope it doesn’t take another decade to hit our screens.
- Electronic Arts Prepares to Acquire Codemasters
- 4 Things Microsoft Buying Bethesda Means for Gamers
- Daybreak Games Acquires Cold Iron Studios; Cold Iron’s Alien Game Still Being Developed
- Alone in the Dark and Act of War Rights Acquired by THQ Nordic
- Microsoft Reveals Strategy Behind Ninja Theory, Mid-Sized Studio Purchases