Fallout New Vegas 2
Bethesda Game Studios and Obsidian Entertainment are back in the same boat, hand-in-hand, eyeing up a small fire ant as they fire up their VATS. You’re god damn right we’re talking about some strange, metaphorical version of Fallout New Vegas 2, and following Microsoft’s acquisition of Zenimax Media yesterday, it could actually become a reality!
To add further fuel to the fire, Obsidian Entertainment tweeted this out yesterday.
Fallout New Vegas quickly became a fan favorite when it released in 2010. Players took control of a character known as the Courier, who is ambushed while transporting a package across the Mojave Desert to the city of New Vegas.
With all the usual Fallout goodness in there — excellent writing, fantastic quest design, and a sprawling treasure trove of an open world — New Vegas’ story and characters were what really made it stand out, even against the mainline entry in Fallout 3 that had released the year prior.
Now nearly two console generations later, Bethesda and Obsidian can give fans the sequel they’ve been waiting a decade for. Let’s just hope it doesn’t take another decade to hit our screens.
- Activision Blizzard Financial Results Drop Year-on-Year Among High Expectations for New Call of Duty & WoW: Dragonflight
- PlayStation To Acquire Repeat.gg
- Nordisk Games Acquires Supermassive Games
- Saudi Arabia’s PIF To Become Nintendo’s Fifth Largest Shareholder
- Activision Blizzard Shareholders Approve Acquisition by Microsoft With “Overwhelming” Majority