September is finally here, which means that the fall season is finally arriving in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Apart from the leaves changing color, there are also a whole host of new bugs and fish that players can catch in the game. Here’s everything you need to know about the Chambered Nautilus in Animal Crossing New Horizons, including how to catch it and how much it can be sold for.
Chambered Nautilus Spawn Times and Location in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The Chambered Nautilus is a new deep sea creature that got added into the game with the first summer update and the diving feature. Depending on which hemisphere your island is located in, this creature may not be available for you at the moment. We’ve listed its availability for both hemispheres down below:
- Northern hemisphere: March to June, 4 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Southern hemisphere: September to December, 4 p.m. to 9 a.m.
This means that at the time of writing, it’ll only be available to southern hemisphere players. Northern hemisphere players will have to wait till March, unless you decide to time travel forward.
Since the Chambered Nautilus is a deep sea creature, this means that you can only catch it by diving. Equip your wetsuit and head to the ocean, then press the A button to get into the water.
You’ll want to look out for the large sized shadows with normal bubbles. The shadow will also be moving around a bit, so once you find one that fits that criteria, press A once you’re directly on top of the shadow to dive down to catch it. With any luck, you’ll have caught yourself a Chambered Nautilus.
Like all other bugs and fish in Animal Crossing New Horizons, the Chambered Nautilus can also be sold for a hefty price at Nook’s Cranny. You’ll be able to get 1,800 Bells for it, which is a fair bit of money. But as always, remember to donate your first one to the museum to expand the sea collection.
That’s all you need to know about how to get the Chambered Nautilus in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons