Here, we’re going to expand the net a bit. One of the strongest aspects of the original Hyrule Warriors was how many different Zelda games were represented, and how much love the franchise got as a whole, so it’d be a shame to see the sequel move away from that.
At this point, we’re not sure which characters, if any, will be returning from the original Hyrule Warriors. We’d personally hope all of the first game’s cast of characters return, but even in that all-star lineup, there are a few characters that missed the boat.
We’re hoping they get a second chance here. So let’s take a look beyond the cast of the wild for even more warriors we want to see.
Vaati feels like one of the biggest omissions from the original game’s cast.
He’s the main villain of three different Zelda games, has a workable human form alongside a monster form he could use as a boss battle, and has all sorts of wind-based attacks to draw from. Yet he was skipped. What gives, Koei Tecmo?
Regardless, if we do see other games outside of Breath of the Wild represented, Vaati ought to be the top priority for a new slot. As quite literally the most recurring villain in the series aside from Ganon himself, it just doesn’t feel right to have him sit out on the sidelines.
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Announced for Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild NPCs Are Actually Just Advanced Miis
- Modder Adds Super Mario 64’s Whomp’s Fortress to Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Zelda Holiday Gift Guide 2020 for the Mega Fan
- We Really Want To Watch This Fan-Made Zelda Cartoon Inspired by Netflix’s Hilda