Following the release of Fortnite’s Joy Ride update yesterday comes the Fortnite week 8 challenges. Given that yesterday’s update introduced a number of different driveable cars and vehicles into the game, you can bet your bottom dollar this week’s challenges also require players to hop into a vehicle to earn their Battle Stars. In this guide, we’ll run you through the complete Fortnite week 8 challenge list so you’re prepared for them to go live later today.
Thanks to dataminer @iFireMonkey, we already know what the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 Week 8 challenges entail, and you can check them out below. Completing each of the week 8 challenges will reward players with 35,000 XP.
Fortnite Week 8 Challenges
- Search 7 Chests at Frenzy Farm
- Get 3 Eliminations at Salty Springs
- Complete the Boat Time Trial at Motorboat Mayhem
- Drive a Car From Retail Row to Pleasant Park in Less Than 4 Minutes
- Collect 500 Wood from Holly Hedges
- Deal Damage to Opponents from Inside a Vehicle (1)
- Deal 10,000 Damage to Opponents from Inside a Vehicle
- Search 7 Ammo Boxes at Lazy Lake
As we mentioned above, a fair few of the challenges focus on players getting inside a vehicle to either deal damage or make their way from point A to point B very quickly. None of these are particularly difficult, as long as you plan ahead a little bit. We’ve given you some pointers for the trickier Fortnite week 8 challenges below.
Drive a Car From Retail Row to Pleasant Park in Less Than 4 Minutes
The best car for this is the Whiplash, as it has a boost function and generally drives faster than any other car introduced in the Joy Ride update. You can find one relatively close to Retail Row, but before you make your way to Pleasant Park, make sure you’ve filled it with fuel at the nearby gas station.
Deal 10,000 Damage to Opponents From Inside a Vehicle
For this one, keep in mind it doesn’t have to be a car you’re dealing damage to opponents from inside. This can also be a boat or a helicopter, so whatever you and your friends tend to work best in, use that.
While we’re on the point of friends, it’s always easier getting these challenges down with Squad Assist enabled, and playing with others that you know. There’s nothing worse than trying to complete a challenge in a vehicle only for some random player to drive you miles away from the action or just crash it.
That’s everything you need to know for the Fortnite week 8 challenges. You can head over to our Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 guide wiki for more tips, or have a browse through more of our coverage below.
- Fortnite 15.50 Update Adds New LTMs, Weapon & ‘Large’ Creative Islands
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 Guide Wiki
- Fortnite Adds Xenomorph and Ripley Skins From Alien
- Alien X Fortnite Crossover Confirmed in New Teaser
- Fortnite: How to Bathe in Purple Pool at Steamy Stacks