Ghost of Tsushima is the latest PS4 exclusive from Sony-owned studio, Sucker Punch Productions. Players are thrown into the role of Lord Jin Sakai, one of the last of the samurai who’s on a quest to stop the Mongol invasion of the isle of Tsushima before it reaches the mainland. With Sucker Punch Productions’ previous games tending to be on the shorter side, some players may be wondering how long Ghost of Tsushima takes to beat. Well, we’ve completed the game for our review, and here’s the answer.
How Long Ghost of Tsushima Takes to Beat
From our playthrough, Ghost of Tsushima takes around 30-35 hours to beat. In addition to completing the main story, this included us exploring the open-world to find Fox Dens, Shinto Shrines, and following our Guiding Wind to other random world events or little secrets.
We completed a good few of the Tales of Tsushima side quests, too, so it wasn’t just a complete beeline through the main quests. That being said, we didn’t 100% the game, so you’d be looking at another five to ten hours or so to polish it off.
Another factor that could determine how long it’ll take for you to beat Ghost of Tsushima comes down to the difficulty setting you play at. Those on higher difficulties may find the combat that little bit trickier as your timing needs to be more precise.
Finally, it is worth noting that the developers suggested that Ghost of Tsushima would take around 50 hours prior to the game’s official release. This may be a good guideline for how long it’ll take for you to 100% the game on normal difficulty. Though, again, your skill level will make a difference to how long it takes to beat.
- The Last of Us Part II, Hades, & Ghost of Tsushima Lead Nominations for 2021 GDC Awards
- Ghost of Tsushima Actor Promises to Agree to Butt Nudity if He’s Chosen for the Film
- 5 Actors Who Could Totally Play Jin in The Ghost of Tsushima Movie
- Ghost of Tsushima Film Adaptation Announced, Directed by Chad Stahelski
- Ghost of Tsushima Dev on Respecting Japanese Culture & How Sony Allowed Sucker Punch to Take Its Time