Developed by Sucker Punch Productions, Ghost of Tsushima is one of the most highly anticipated video game releases of 2020, and it’s releasing exclusively for the PS4 this month. The game is set in the late 13th century, and players will take control of a samurai named Jin as he fights to protect his clan during the ongoing Mongol invasion. Here’s how to use the grappling hook in Ghost of Tsushima.
Using the Grappling Hook in Ghost of Tsushima
First off, the Grappling Hook isn’t immediately available at the start of the game. You’ll get it about partway through the story –more specifically, after you’ve helped Yuna in liberating Komatsu Forge, you’ll be rewarded with the grappling hook by her brother, Taka. The item allows you to traverse the open-world in different ways.
From this point on, whenever you’re out exploring, look out for small posts with rope wrapped around them, typically dangling from the edge of cliffs and ledges. These are Grappling Hook locations. When you move or jump toward them, you should see the R2 button prompt on your screen. Press it to immediately swing up to a grapple point.
Having the grappling hook opens up a lot of areas you can explore, and also allows you to get through a level vertically and via routes that you wouldn’t normally be able to access on foot. It can also lead to caches and other looting points for you to get additional items like kunais. Because of that, it’s definitely recommended that you look out for grappling points whenever you can and explore them when you get the chance.
- The Last of Us Part II, Hades, & Ghost of Tsushima Lead Nominations for 2021 GDC Awards
- Ghost of Tsushima Actor Promises to Agree to Butt Nudity if He’s Chosen for the Film
- 5 Actors Who Could Totally Play Jin in The Ghost of Tsushima Movie
- Ghost of Tsushima Film Adaptation Announced, Directed by Chad Stahelski
- Ghost of Tsushima Dev on Respecting Japanese Culture & How Sony Allowed Sucker Punch to Take Its Time