It’s been a long time since Sucker Punch’s last full length game, InFamous: Second Son, released. Ghost of Tsushima is finally out and it sees you play as a Samurai who’s one of the few who survived the Mongol invasion of the small Japanese island. If you’re trying to get the platinum trophy as you play, you’ll probably have a few questions. If that’s you, here’s everything you need to know about whether there is a difficulty trophy in Ghost of Tsushima.
There are three different difficulty settings in the game: easy, normal and hard. On hard, the Mongol enemies are more aggressive, and players must be precise to pull off extraordinary moves. On the other end of the scale, easy is for players who want to explore the island and enjoy the story.
Therefore, some players might feel more comfortable playing on the easier difficulty levels and won’t be able to deal with the combat sections on hard. If that’s the case for you, you’re not going to want there to be a difficulty trophy that you’re not going to be able to earn.
Is There a Difficulty Trophy in Ghost of Tsushima?
You’ll be happy to hear that no, there isn’t a difficulty trophy in Ghost of Tsushima. While you’ll get trophies for hitting certain milestones and story beats as you play through the game, including for reaching the end, what you get in the way of trophies doesn’t depend on what difficulty you’ve played on.
Therefore, if you want to play on easy or normal from the start, where you’ll initially choose your difficulty level, you can do so safe in the knowledge that you can still get the platinum without having to play through the whole game again.
- The Last of Us Part II, Hades, & Ghost of Tsushima Lead Nominations for 2021 GDC Awards
- Ghost of Tsushima Actor Promises to Agree to Butt Nudity if He’s Chosen for the Film
- 5 Actors Who Could Totally Play Jin in The Ghost of Tsushima Movie
- Ghost of Tsushima Film Adaptation Announced, Directed by Chad Stahelski
- Ghost of Tsushima Dev on Respecting Japanese Culture & How Sony Allowed Sucker Punch to Take Its Time