With the changes in season comes an all-new set of bugs and fish for the taking, and during the Summer months, you can look forward to some of the larger bugs on the market. The Giant Stag is one of those bugs, featuring a shorter set of mandibles and a jet-black shell, this bug will be one you will want to search out. In this Animal Crossing New Horizons Giant Stag guide, we’ll discuss which seasons and times of day it will appear, how to catch it, and how much it sells for.
Giant Stag Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Giant Stage will only spawn during the following months for each hemisphere:
- Northern Hemisphere: July – August
- Southern Hemisphere: January – February
At these times, you will only be able to find the Giant Stag spawning from 11pm until 8am, so late night or early morning bug-hunting will have to be your approach.
Catching the Giant Stag in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To catch a Giant Stag you will first need to get a net and get it equipped while walking around trees.
Giant Stag only spawn on trees, but luckily, they can spawn on any tree in the game and aren’t specific to any certain type.
Once you notice a Giant Stag has spawned, you will need to be cautious in your approach, as they act similarly to the Tarantula.
This means you will need to creep up on them until you notice them stop moving, stop moving yourself to allow them to get back to their own business, followed by continuing forward.
Judging the distance to strike is tricky on these rare beetles as well, since getting too close will make them fly away, but releasing the A button too early will result in missing the target entirely.
Giant Stag Sell Price
The Giant Stag can be sold for 10,000 Bells at Nook’s Cranny, but can also be taken to Flick if they happen to be in your town for a whopping 15,000 Bells.
Check out the full list of new July bugs and fish that can be caught in Animal Crossing New Horizons now!
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons