It’s a new month, which means that there are new bugs and fish for players to catch in Animal Crossing New Horizons. One of the new bugs you can catch in the game is the Giant Cicada, and if you’re having trouble finding it, here’s how to catch the Giant Cicada in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Giant Cicada Seasonality & Spawn Times
This bug can only be caught during the following months for each hemisphere:
- Northern hesmisphere: July to August
- Southern hemisphere: January to February
During these months, you can only find the bug between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. That’s a pretty generous time window, so you should be able to catch it pretty easily throughout the day.
Catching the Giant Cicada in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To catch the Giant Cicada, you’ll need to equip the net and look for it on trees on your island. It’ll spawn on tree trunks, similar to the Atlas Moth.
It’s also larger than most other bugs in the game, so it should be pretty easy to spot. Like all other bugs, though, the spawn rate is random so you might take a few minutes to find one.
Giant Cicada Sell Price
This bug can be sold for 500 bells in Animal Crossing New Horizons, which isn’t really a lot of money. With that in mind, it’s probably only worth catching for the Critterpedia and not if you’re farming for money.
As always, you can sell it for three times the usual price if Flick’s around on your island.
That’s all you need to know about how to catch the Giant Cicada in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game. Check out the full list of new July bugs and fish that can be caught in Animal Crossing New Horizons now.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get & Use Dream Bell Exchange Tickets
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Rice Grasshopper: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Migratory Locust: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All New August Bugs & Fish You Can Catch
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get the King Tut Mask DIY Recipe