It’s the day that seemingly every PlayStation fan has been waiting for since 2013. The Last of Us 2 has finally arrived, bringing the next chapter of Ellie and Joel’s story in a post-apocalyptic world. One that’s being reclaimed by nature and teeming with those noisy and terrifying Clickers. While the cutscenes in the game are exceptionally pretty and interesting, sometimes you might want to just get back right into the action. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to skip cutscenes in The Last of Us 2.
Skipping Cutscenes in The Last of Us 2
Whenever you want to skip a cutscene, simply press the Options button on your controller and then select the ‘Skip Cinematic’ option. Doing so will see the cutscene quickly end and put you back in control of Ellie so you can carry on with your adventure.
All we would say is maybe don’t skip the cutscenes or any dialogue in your first playthrough of The Last of Us 2. While the gameplay is excellent, the game’s story really helps bring the whole thing together and it’s incredibly easy to get behind Ellie’s plight and immerse yourself within the world.
Skipping the cutscenes would deprive you of some of the best storytelling in video games you can check out right now, and would probably make what you’re doing in the gameplay sections make little to no sense.
Skipping Cutscenes in The Last of Us Part II
- During a cutscene, press Options on your controller
- Select ‘Skip Movie’ and press X
- The cutscene has now been skipped and you’ll be back in control of the action.
Now you know how to skip cutscenes and dialogue in The Last of Us 2. Our guide wiki has plenty more where that came from, or you can have a read through more of our coverage on the game below.
- 5 Unanswered Questions We Still Have After Finishing The Last of Us 2 (Spoilers)
- Last of Us 2: Is Lev a Girl? Explained (Spoilers)
- Last of Us 2: Does Abby Die? Answered (Spoilers)
- Last of Us 2: Does Tommy Die? Answered (Spoilers)
- Last of Us 2: Where Does Dina Go? (Spoilers)