In this Animal Crossing New Horizons Rainbow Stag guide, we’ll talk you through how to catch one, the location you’ll find them hiding, and finally how much they can be sold for at both Nook’s Cranny, as well as insect fanatic, Flick.
Rainbow Stag Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Rainbow Stag’s seasonality is as follows for the northern and southern hemisphere islands respectively.
- Northern Hemisphere: June – September
- Southern Hemisphere: December – March
During these months, the Rainbow Stag can only be caught between the hours of 5 pm and 8 am. In other words, you’ll need to play during the evening and very early morning hours if you’ve got any hope of catching one.
Catching the Rainbow Stag in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The Rainbow Stag won’t be found just walking around on the ground on your island. You’ll find it on the trunk of just about any tree in the game. This can be regular trees, fruit trees, or even palm trees.
Despite being called a Rainbow Stag, this beetle’s actually just green and gold in color. It can look red when you do see it, though, depending on the light. When you see one resting on the trunk of a tree, equip your bug net.
With it equipped, press and hold A to ready your bug net and use the left analog stick to start slowly moving towards the Rainbow Stag.
Line up your net so that the beetle is in range. When you’re close enough and confident you’ll catch it, let go of A and you’ll swing your net.
If you got the distance right, you’ll catch the Rainbow Stag with your net. Get it a little wrong and the Rainbow Stag will fly away meaning you’ll have to wait for another one to spawn until you can try catching one again.
Animal Crossing New Horizons Rainbow Stag Sell Price
The Rainbow Stag can be sold to Timmy and Tommy at Nook’s Cranny for 10,000 Bells.
If Flick happens to be visiting your island on the day that you catch one, you can sell Rainbow Stag beetles to him for 15,000 Bells.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons