Master the Monado
The Monado is the iconic red sword from Xenoblade Chronicles, and it’s a pretty awesome-looking weapon. However, it has some major drawbacks that you’ll definitely need to be aware of if you want to excel in this game.
First off, the Monado works wonders against the Mechon enemies. These are the robot-type enemies that you’ll be fighting a lot in the game. The Monado has access to the Enchant and Buster abilities, which grant allies the power to damage Mechon and deal tons of damage to them respectively. It also works well against monster enemies, and its Purge and Shield abilities definitely come in handy in all situations.
However, there is one major flaw with the Monado that Xenoblade Chronicles never quite touches on. When dealing with human enemies, which can be pretty rare in this game, the Monado is completely useless. You’ll be dealing 1 point of damage to humans with Shulk, so if you’re up against humans, swap him out for someone else.
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Melia Figure Available for Pre-Order
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Accolades Trailer Shows off Praise from Critics
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Tops UK Box Sales Charts
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Getting Melia Figure by Good Smile
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Launch Trailer Dives Into Shulk’s Past