The sad truth to loot in Borderlands 3, especially the DLC is that not all loot comes from an actual boss. Certain legendary guns are awesome, but exist in a universal loot pool and all you can do is hunt the enemies most likely to have good drops. This is one of those cases. So, here’s how to get Insider Legendary Shotgun in Borderlands 3 Guns, Love & Tentacles, including stats and perks.
How to Get the Insider Legendary Shotgun in Borderlands 3 Guns, Love & Tentacles
As said, the Insider isn’t something you can reliably farm any specific enemy to obtain. As far as best enemy farming goes, fighting Prime Wolven in The Cankerwood is a safe bet, though they have the possibility of dropping all the other legendary weapons to make this a little more of blind luck. However, Borderlands 3 does give you the means to increase that blind luck.
Putting the game into Mayhem 4 (starting Mayhem mode in Sanctuary and then increasing it to 4) will greatly increase enemy drop rate and loot quality. With out particular Insider drop, the Prime Wolven dropped two different versions of the gun.
Insider Stats and Perks
First thing important to note is that while the Insider is a Maliwan weapon, it lacks the charge up time to start firing, which puts the actual fire rate on par with almost every other shotgun in the game.
This specific version is shock and fire, but the aforementioned other Insider we had drop was corrosive and cryo, so the element selection on this model isn’t guaranteed.
The insider fires a cluster of pellets that fly with no specific shape and shift around in the air, but when they hit a surface they do incredible splash damage. The splash damage makes this gun perfect for certain Moze builds.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
In summary, to increase your chances to get the Insider Legendary Shotgun:
- Hunt Prime Wolven in The Cankerwood.
- If needed, return to Sanctuary and use Mayhem mode to augment drop rates.
Those are all the tips we have to give you for how to get Insider Legendary Shotgun in Borderlands 3 Guns, Love & Tentacles.
- Borderlands 3 Couch Co-Op Returns With 4-Player Split-Screen on PS5 and Xbox Series X
- Borderlands 3: Season Pass 2 Kicks Off With Sizzle Reel Showing New Skill Trees
- Borderlands 3 Next-Gen Upgrade Set to Launch Day-and-Date With New Consoles
- Borderlands 3’s Latest Hotfix Preps Game for Bloody Harvest Event
- Borderlands 3 Offers Free Next-Gen Upgrade; Adding New Skill Trees and Crossplay