Customization is a huge part of the Animal Crossing New Horizons experience. In fact, it’s practically the entire gameplay loop given that your sole mission is building an island utopia from scratch. And the customization doesn’t stop at building infrastructure, interior design, and resource management — you can also deck out your character to look cool, too. For the best gears, you’ll want to find Kicks. Here’s how to get the Kicks store in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
How to Get the Kicks Store in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Kicks, as you might have guessed by the name, is a shoe vendor, and his wares are the coolest you’ll find in the game. In addition to selling footwear, you can also buy socks, and various backpacks and bags. Each comes in a different color, which will be available randomly. After purchasing an item from Kicks you’ll be able to repurchase it in the future from Nook Shopping.
Kicks’ arrival on your island is somewhat random. However, there are a number of things you can do to increase the likelihood of him paying you a visit.
First, make sure your Resident Services building is upgraded to a full plaza (read our guide on how to do so here). Further, upgrade Nook’s Cranny, too.
Now it’s just a case of increasing your island level and inviting new residents to join you. Essentially, once your island is up and running as a proper community, you can expect a visit from Kicks once per week.
As for when exactly, that’s where the random bit comes in. He can appear at any time, any day of the week, and in any weather.
Time needed: 10 days.
So, to recap:
- Upgrade your Resident Services building and Nook’s Cranny.
- Increase your island level and ensure that you have invited new Residents to join.
- Kicks will appear randomly once per week.
That is everything there is to know about how to get the Kicks Store in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For more guides and information on the game, Twinfinite’s wiki has you covered. You’ll find related content below that might be helpful.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Fan Crochets the Most Adorable Gyroids
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ Cooking System Is Fueling My Island Café Problem
- 5 Features We Wish Made It Into Animal Crossing New Horizon’s Final Update
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Version 2.0 Update is Now Live
- 8 Ways to Prepare for Animal Crossing New Horizons’ 2.0 Update & Happy Home Paradise