There’s a plethora of colorful flowers you can use to create your ultimate zen garden in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Some of them are pretty handy for crafting other useful items in the game, too. Here’s how to get Mums in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
How to Get Mums in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Your first port of call when attempting to locate any flower in the game is head on down to Nook’s Cranny and see what’s in stock. In case you weren’t aware, the catalog of seeds and bulbs rotates on a random basis, so it’s worth checking in every day to see what’s what. You may get lucky and find Mums are available.
If that’s not the case, you could always go into the wild and see if there are any to harvest across the island. All islands have a special native plant species that will grow upon its cliff. If you haven’t checked out yours then we suggest going to do so. You’ll need a ladder, though, so here’s a guide on how to get one.
If that doesn’t work, you’re going to have to purchase a Nook Miles Ticket and search other islands until you’ve found some (here’s a guide that explains visiting other islands). That or you could call up a friend and ask if they’ve any you can pick.
What Mums are Used For
Like all plants in the game, Mums are first and foremost desirably for their beauty. Planting them can improve your island’s rating and attract new residents. However, they are an intricate part of several DIY recipes, too.
Breeding Mums For Different Colors
Mums come in six different colors: pink, purple, red, yellow, white, and green. The rarest of those are pink, purple, and green, with the others being base colors that you can expect to find either at Nook’s Cranny or out in the wild. Do note the difference between “seed” and “hybrid.” Seed simply means that the plants must have been grown from seeds bought from stores and NPCs, while hybrids are reproduced flowers.
Below you’ll find some color combinations as a result of hybrid breeding:
- Pink: Seed Red + Seed White
- Purple: Seed White + Seed White or Hybrid Yellow + Hybrid Yellow
- Yellow: Seed Red + Seed Yellow
- Green: Hybrid Yellow + Hybrid Yellow or Hybrid Purple + Hybrid Purple
In addition to that, we’ve also included a graphic down below to indicate the best way to plant your Mums if you’re looking to get the hybrids efficiently. Credit to BackwardsN and peach-n-key.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons