Doom Eternal is a first-person shooter that is predominantly about smashing demon skulls in and firing your range of cool weapons. Even though it’s a first-person game, you can still change what your Doom Slayer looks like in cutscenes. So that you can use the skins you collect, here’s everything you need to know about how to change appearance in Doom Eternal.
You’ll get some skins as part of the pre-order bonuses, you’ll get others for completing milestones that are tied to progress in the campaign, and you’ll also be able to get some by using Sentinel Batteries to unlock them in the Fortress of Doom.
Throughout your base, you’ll see skins behind glass and there’ll be two green glowing holes outside it. Just go up to the holes and press R3 to put a battery in it. Once you’ve placed the two in, you’ll unlock what’s behind the glass.
How to Change Appearance & Skins in Doom Eternal
To actually change them, you’ll have to head to the game’s main menu. From there, select Customize and then choose the character or demon type (for Battlezone multiplayer mode) that you want to customize.
Then, you can look through all the skins you’ve unlocked and just need to press X if you’re on PS4 (A on Xbox One) to swap what you’re currently using to the new one you want.
In short, to change appearance and skins in Doom Eternal,
- Unlock them by completing milestones or by getting them using Sentinel Batteries at the Fortress of Doom.
- Head to the main menu and select Customize.
- Choose the character you want to change, then press X/A on the skin you want to use.
- New Doom Eternal The Ancient Gods Gameplay Trailer Revealed
- DOOM Eternal Adds Render Modes to Make Your Screenshots Look Even More Awesome
- DOOM Eternal The Ancient Gods Expansion Revealed in New Teaser
- Doom Eternal, Elder Scrolls Online Coming to PS5 & Xbox Series X
- Why Doom Eternal’s Easy Mode Is Actually Its Most Satisfying