Every bit of Borderlands is all about the loot, and the new DLC is no different. We got our hands on another legendary weapon and want to help you get one yourself and show ours off. Here’s how to get the Mutant Legendary Assault Rifle in Guns, Love & Tentacles including stats and perks.
How to Get the Mutant Legendary Assault Rifle in Guns, Love & Tentacles
During the Horror in the Woods main quest you will be finding yourself heading through The Cankerwood, Once you and Hammerlock have successfully tracked the Wendigo, you will be tasked with collecting two different items.
One of them involves killing Prime Wolven, and the next part takes you the other path past an open area with enemies. You will reach a door with a target above it you must shoot to open, and then immediately to your right will be a chest on a small ledge.
When you get close a portal (similar to fighting the Bonded) will open and the Fungal Gorger will emerge. Killing this enemy has a chance to drop the Mutant You can farm the Fungal Gorger immediately and do not have to finish the quest first.
Stats and Perks
Right off you can see this isn’t a normal Jakobs assault rifle, as it has the alien barrel feature. The Mutant doesn’t fire like a normal Jakobs, either. It has the crank some of the other assault rifle models have but the bullets come out in a laser. Being a Jakobs, it hits hard and the laser-like bullet pattern lets you continually fire into enemy weak points until there are no more enemies. .
To summarize, here’s how to get the Mutant Legendary Assault Rifle in Guns, Love & Tentacles
- Proceed in the story until the Horror in the Woods quest.
- Go to where directed to collect needed mushrooms.
- Fight Fungal Gorger once it spawns.
- The nearest spawn is close enough for good farming and you don’t have to wait until the end of the quest for him to spawn again.
There’s all the information you have to have for this guide on how to get the Mutant Legendary Assault Rifle in Guns, Love & Tentacles.
For more guides on legendary weapons available in the new DLC, check out Twinfinite’s Borderlands 3 Guide Wiki.
- Borderlands 3 Offers Free Next-Gen Upgrade; Adding New Skill Trees and Crossplay
- Borderlands 3 Fantastic Fustercluck: How to Get Plus Ultra Legendary Shield
- Borderlands 3: How to Start Fantastic Fustercluck DLC
- Borderlands 3 Fantastic Fustercluck: Who Is Krieg? Answered
- Borderlands 3 DLC Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck Release Date & Time