A large part of the fun in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is talking to and interacting with your animal neighbors. These villagers will always give you words of wisdom or encouragement in times of need, and will also become your bestest buds. As such, you may be wondering just what the maximum villager limit is in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons Villager Limit
The maximum amount of villagers you can have on your island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is 10. Once you’ve got 10 animals living on your island with you and any other human players, you’ll have to see one of them leave if you want to get another villager to move in.
It appears as though the reason for the villager limit is to ensure you’ve got enough space for all of the other buildings and amenities that’ll arrive on your island as you play more of the game. More than 10 villager houses, plus all of the buildings would likely lead to your island feeling very cramped, or result in obstructions that can’t be bypassed.
Of course, if you want one of your villagers to stay, when they talk about leaving, you can always persuade them not to. This will stop them from leaving, and eventually another villager will talk about packing their bags and leaving your island.
There you have all you need to know about what the Villager limit is in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. For more tips and tricks be sure to check out our wiki, search for Twinfinite, or check out more of our coverage below.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons