Animal Crossing New Horizons is full of unique fish, fossils, and bugs, but some of these things can only be obtained during certain times, specific months, and at particular locations on your deserted island. If you’re wondering how to get Barreleye in Animal Crossing New Horizons –one of the rarest fish in the game– here’s everything you need to know about it.
Getting Barreleye in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Like how you would catch any other fish in Animal Crossing, you’re going to need a fishing rod before you can start filling up your fish collection in the Critterpedia.
Once you have one, you’ll be able to find a Barreleye in the sea. This means that Barreleye can’t be found in ponds, rivers, or any enclosed body of water –you’re going to have to fish by the sand, facing the open waters of the big blue ocean.
Barreleye can be obtained year-round but you can only catch it during a short amount of time. If you fish in the ocean from 9 pm to 4 am, you should be able to find it but it won’t pop up at any other time.
Once you catch it, you’ll be able to sell it for 15,000 Bells, donate it to Blathers at the museum, or just show it off to your friends.
To sum up how to get Barreleye in Animal Crossing New Horizons:
- Go fishing in the ocean between the hours of 9 pm and 4 am in any month of the year.
- Once you catch it, you can donate it, sell it for 15,000 Bells, or showcase it in your home.
And that is everything you need to know about how to get Barreleye in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For more on the latest life sim Switch game, do be sure to consult our ever-expanding Guide Wiki. It’s full of useful tips and tricks that cover hot topics such as how to get Golden Trout and where to find KK Slider.
For everything else, just search Twinfinite.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons