Ghost Recon: Breakpoint is the sequel to the 2017 hit Ghost Recon Wildlands. Recently we got hands-on with the game and learned a lot.
After playing the game for roughly 5 hours we came out having learned a lot about Breakpoint. We also have an interview with the Executive Producer Nouredine Abboud if you want more Breakpoint news.
Here is every detail we learned from playing for a handful of hours both co-op and solo.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Gameplay Details
- Your main activity hub is called Erewhon
- Every activity in Breakpoint counts towrds PvP and PvE Progression
- There are 4 unique classes for players to choose from. The Medic, Assault, Panther, and Sharpshooter.
- There is no limit to how many of one class can be on a team in both PvE and PvP.
- The Medic is the only support class featured in Breakpoint.
- The Assault class focuses on mid-range damage, while the Panther focuses on close-range, and the Sharpshooter focsues on long-range.
- You are not locked into one class, after leveling up through certain level thresholds you will be able to unlock the remaining classes.
- The Skill tree has a vareity of different skills and branching paths.
- For example, I used a skill point to upgrade my damage with sun-machine guns, but than also used them to purchase night-vision.
- There is a fifth class coming in the first DLC episode, the class is called the Engineer.
- Assault rifles have select fire modes, you can make them single-shot or automatic.
- Stealth is a much larger part of this game than in Wildlands.
- When going prone I was able to cover myself in snow or tall grass to become completley invisible to drones and other aerial enemies.
- Fighting enemies head on is extremely challeneging and teamwork is the key to surviving.
- The fictional island Auroa is home to a large number of different biomes. I was able to play in the snow, forest, and swamp biomes.
- There is plenty of wildlife that can be killed for meat.
- This can be cooked at a campfire for health benefits.
- Campfires, also know as Bivouacs can be rested at for health, stamina, and damage buffs.
- Resting at Bivouacs is crucial to you and your teams survival when going up against some of the tougher enemies of Breakpoint.
- Behemoths are large futuristc tanks and are some of the toughest enemies you will face in Breakpoint.
- They are raoming around fixed locations on the map and all have a reccomended item level. Taking them down requires patience and a lot of teamwork.