Following the reveals at Tokyo Game Show, Square Enix released a batch of beautiful artwork related to Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers’ update 5.1.
First of all, we get the official key artwork of patch 5.1, titled “Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty;” It features the raid crossing over with Yoko Taro’s NieR: Automata, including the alternate version of YoRHa 2B named “2P” together with the Warrior of Darkness.
We also get to see more artwork dedicated to the crafter and gatherer-dedicated “Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard” feature.
Last, but certainly not least, the press kit includes art dedicated to the main characters of the Shadowbringers story. Incidentally, these images have been used to decorate the game’s booth at Tokyo Game Show.
If you’re unfamiliar with the recent news about update 5.1, below you can read a recap of its content directly from the press release
- New Main Scenario Quests – Patch 5.1 introduces the next chapter in the exhilarating Shadowbringers main storyline.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO bring together FINAL FANTASY and NieR in the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid series.
- Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard – This crafter- and gatherer-focused content encourages players to work together to build the Firmament in Ishgard. The new content is accompanied by extensive system adjustments and updates for crafting and gathering classes.
- New Game+ – Replay previously completed quests while retaining one’s current progression and job level.
- New Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can tackle this new dungeon alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Extreme Trial – Players will be able to challenge a new extreme difficulty trial.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Pixies
- PvP Updates – Substantial changes will be made to PvP actions, alongside the introduction of a new Frontline map and ruleset.
- Blue Mage Job Updates – The first major update to this limited job will feature an increased level cap, new job quests, as well as new blue mage-specific battle challenges and content.
- Performance Action Updates – The addition of an ensemble feature will allow groups of players to create music together.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature job adjustments, Gold Saucer updates, system updates, and more
If you’d like to learn more about Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (which has recently been updated to version 5.05), you can read our recent interview with Naoki Yoshida and Banri Oda, our review of the expansion and our article explaining why it features the best story among all the tales told by the Final Fantasy series.
You can also read an interesting story from when the 1.0 world ended to celebrate the 6th anniversary of the launch of A Realm Reborn.
Final Fantasy XIV is currently available for PS4 and PC. Update 5.1 will come in late October.