The Sims 4 allows you and your Sim to learn a number of skills that will enhance your life and each gaming session you have. One skill we can’t recommend going without is the Handiness skill. Here’s how to get the Handiness skill in The Sims 4.
Here’s How to Get the Handiness Skill in The Sims 4
The Handiness skill in The Sims 4 allows you to upgrade your home, repair objects, make things unbreakable and improve the general functionality of objects within your home.
In previous iterations of the series, that’s all that the Handiness skill allowed you to do but in The Sims 4, you can use it to woodwork. Then, you can use woodworking to make money which is how the world of your Sim goes round.
How to Get It
Technically, when you begin the game, you’ll already have access to the Handiness skill. It’s up to you and what you do in the game to make it worth something.
So, you already have it, but let’s talk about about how to level it up in The Sims 4.
How to Level It Up
To level up this skill, there are five things you can do:
- Study a book about the skill: there are three volumes of Handiness books at the bookcase or at the computer
- Repair items: simply repair broken items in your home
- Carving pumpkins: carve Jack-o-Lanterns at the Pumpkin Carving Station
- Woodworking: woodwork by creating furniture and other things at a woodworking table, which can be purchased for $1800
- Upgrade items: use upgrade parts on your objects in the house
Level it up to make the skill more useful in the game.
That’s it for our guide on how to get handiness skill in The Sims 4.
For more information about The Sims 4, be sure to search for whatever you’re looking for on Twinfinite. Here are some other guides for you to check out in the meantime: