How to Complete All Fortnite Week 5 Challenges in Season 8
The Fortnite week 5 challenges have arrived as part of Season 8, bringing players another chance to earn up to 5,000 XP and a bunch of battle stars for their Battle Pass. Here’s how to complete all Fortnite week 5 challenges in Season 8.
What the Challenges Are
As is always the case, we’ve included a screenshot down below of the week 5 challenges in Fortnite Season 8 from within the game, just so you know this is the real deal.
From looking at the week 5 challenges list, there’s honestly not a whole lot that’s going to cause you a lot of trouble, as long as you’ve got our tips and tricks, that is.
Tips to Complete the Fortnite Week 5 Challenges Fast
- Complete a Lap of the Race Track in Happy Hamlet – As part of the most recent update, Epic added in a race track in Happy Hamlet. Its beginning can be found just northwest of the named location, but you can check out our Happy Hamlet race track location guide to help you track it down. Once you arrive here, simply hop into a Baller on the start line and make your way around the track. Ride through the glowing rings, and use your grappler to reach the one in the air.
- Deal Damage with Scoped Weapons to Opponents (200) – Epic loves the ‘deal damage’ challenges, and so it’s back again with Scoped Weapons. This means you can use either the suppressed or heavy snipers, scoped assault rifle, thermal scoped assault rifle, or the scoped revolver. Rack up 200 damage with these to finish the challenge.
- Search Chests at Paradise Palms or Shifty Shafts (7) – Paradise Palms and Shifty Shafts are the named locations you need to search chests in for the Fortnite week 5 challenges. For those looking for a close-quarters fight, Shifty Shafts is the place to land. For those wanting to get in, search a few chests, and escape without being eliminated, Paradise Palms may be a better option as it’s considerably larger.
- Get 15 Bounces in a Single Throw with the Bouncy Ball Toy – First off, you’ll need to get the Bouncy Ball toy, which is only unlocked once you reach Tier 26 in the paid Season 8 Battle Pass. Once you’ve got this, you’ll be able to use it whenever you want from within the many, many emote wheels. There are two ways you can try completing this challenge. The first is to head to a high point, such as the top of the volcano or Polar Peaks and through it off the edge. It might take a while, but it should rack up 15 bounces eventually. Alternatively, players have found success in throwing this against a wall from close-range in a very small room such as a bathroom or office room, such as those in Dusty Diner.
- Stage 1: Gain Shields from Mushrooms (50) – The staged challenge for this week is all about gaining shields from different sources. This is pretty self-explanatory, so there’s not much for us to say here.
- Stage 2: Gain Shields from Small Shield Potions (100)
- Stage 3: Gain Shields from Shield Potions (100)
- Use a Volcano Vent, a Zipline, and a Vehicle in the Same Match – We’ve actually found a perfect way to finish this nice and fast. You can check out our guide to use a volcano vent, zipline, and vehicle in the same match fast for a full breakdown, but we recommend heading north of the volcano if you’d rather save yourself the click.
- Eliminate Opponents at Pirate Camps (3) – For this one, simply head to the various Pirate Camps around the map. Get three eliminations over as many games as you want, at whatever Pirate Camps you want, and you’ll have this challenge completed.
That’s everything you need to know to complete all Fortnite week 5 challenges. For more tips, tricks, and guides, be sure to check out our ever-expanding Season 8 guide wiki. We’ve even got a guide on how to get the week 5 secret star for once you’ve completed these challenges.