How to Get Trinkets & What They Do in Red Dead Redemption 2
There are a huge amount of systems in Red Dead Redemption 2, which includes various progression mechanics. Trinkets are an upgrade of sorts, and equipping them works almost like a perk would in conventional RPGs. Here’s how to get Trinket’s and What they do in Red Dead Redemption 2.
You’ll obtain Trinkets by crafting them at Fences, which are black market shops where you can be useful items that aren’t stocked at standard General Shops. To actually craft a Trinket, you’ll need parts from Legendary Animals, such as the Bharati Grizzly Bear, Legendary Buck, etc.
There are Trinkets that are rewarded to you throughout the game as you tick off various objectives and upon completion of specific missions. They are rather like Talisman’s, which you can find a similar breakdown in our Talisman crafting guide.
As we alluded to earlier, Trinkets are essentially items that boost Arthur’s attributes, but you don’t have to actually equip them for their buff to take effect. As soon you have one in your position, Arthur will forever benefit from their upgrade.
In some cases, the Trinkets are wearable accessories, but again, actually donning them is just for aesthetic reasons.
There are 25 Trinkets in the game, with each providing a bonus to different facets of Arthur’s abilities and items. Some, for example, slow weapon degradation, while others improve Dead Eye reflexes, stamina regeneration, etc.
Below is a full list of every Trinket in the game, what they do, and where to find them.
- Beaver Tooth Trinket – Slows weapons degradation by 10% (crafted at Fences with Legendary Beaver Tooth)
- Buck Antler Trinket – Increases chances of higher-quality parts from skinning animals (crafted at Fences using the Legendary Buck Antler)
- Elk Antler Trinket – Increases the money you get from looting by 10% (crafted at Fences using the Legendary Elk Antler)
- Fox Claw Trinket – Increases Eagle Eye duration by five seconds (crafted at Fences using the Legendary Fox Claw)
- Pronghorn Horn Trinket – Stops animals stored on your horse from decomposing (crafted at Fences using the Legendary) Pronghorn Horn
- Ram Horn Trinket – Doubles the number of herbs you get from picking oregano, creeping thyme, and wild mint (crafted at Fences using the Legendary Ram Horn)
- Wolf Heart Trinket – Doubles resistance to alcohol (crafted at Fences with Legendary Wolf Heart)
- Owl Feather Trinket – Reduces speed of Health, Stamina, and Dead Eye Core drain by 15% (Reward for completing “Archeology for Beginners” without killing anyone)
- Tatanka Bison Horn Trinket – Decreases melee damage received by 10% (crafted at Fences using Legendary Tatanka Bison Horn)
- Moose Antler Trinket – Increases your health XP gain by 10% (crafted at Fences with Legendary Moose Antler)
- Iguana Scale Trinket – Reduces the damage received while on horseback by 10% (only available in Special/Ultimate Editions)
- Cougar’s Paw Trinket – Increases Stamina XP gain by 10% (crafted at Fences with Legendary Cougar’s Paw)
- Lion’s Paw Trinket – Increases Stamina XP gain by 10% (crafted at Fences with Lion’s Paw)
- Coyote Fang Trinket – Increases Dead Eye XP gain by 10% (crafted at Fences with Legendary Coyote Fang)
- Panther’s Eye Trinket – Decreases drain speed of Dead Eye bar by 10% for three seconds (crafted at Fences with Legendary Panther’s Eye)
- Lion’s Paw Lion’s Paw Trinket – Taken from the lion during the Stranger Mission: “He’s British, of Course IV”
That’s all you need to know about how to get Trinket’s and What they do in Red Dead Redemption 2. For more useful guides on the game, check out our wiki page.