How to Complete All Week 9 Challenges (Season 4) in Fortnite Battle Royale
Another week means another new set of challenges for players to complete in Fortnite Battle Royale. The week 9 challenges are all fairly straightforward, with the only relatively challenging one being the usual treasure hunt. All the others should be easily achievable by simply playing the game.
If you do need a hand completing the week 9 challenges, though, or could just do with one or two tips on how best to tackle them, then fear not. We’re going to run you through how to complete all of the latest challenges to hit Fortnite Battle Royale below.
All Season 4 Week 9 Challenges in Fortnite Battle Royale:
- Deal damage with Explosive Weapons to Opponents (500) – For this one, the hardest part is going to be getting explosive weapons. Don’t be afraid to use remote explosives, grenades, and sticky grenades, as these can be incredibly handy for dealing explosive damage to multiple enemies within close proximity of one another. Further, if you spot bases and have a grenade launcher, try and aim to drop them into the top. More often than not, someone will be hiding in there, and you can get some easy explosive damage.
- Search Chests in Moisty Mire (7) – Moisty Mire isn’t one of the easiest places to get chests when everyone else will be trying to do it for the week 9 challenges. For this, we recommend giving it a few days to quiet down, maybe even a full week. That way, you’ll have a better chance of having the entirety of the Mire to yourself to grab all the chests you can find at your leisure. If you’re eager to get those battle stars, however, be sure to check out the chest locations over on FortniteChests.
- Use a Shopping Cart (1) – This is an incredibly simple challenge to do. Simply go and interact with a shopping cart when you see one and this week 9 challenge will pop in Fortnite. If you’re unsure of where to look for shopping carts, be sure to check our locations guide here.
- Visit the center of Named Locations in a Single Match (4) – Just as we had to for the challenge earlier this season of visiting the center of different storm circles three times, you’ll need to grab those glowing icons at the center of named locations four times to get this one. Our recommendation would be to stick around the south of the map. Heading from west to east, you could land at Flush Factory, venture east to Lucky Landing, north to Fatal Fields, and finally east again to Moisty Mire. Not only are these often fairly quiet named locations in Fortnite, but they’re all pretty close together.
- Follow the treasure map found in Haunted Hills – We’ve got a guide for the Haunted Hills treasure location here.
- Shotgun Eliminations (4) – This is another incredibly simple challenge considering the effectiveness of shotguns in Fortnite at close range. Obviously, the better rarity, the easier it’s going to be to deal massive damage with a single shot. However, our best advice to you is to keep calm and just focus on lining up a single headshot with the shotgun, rather than trying to unload as many shots as you can on any part of your enemy. A single headshot with a shotgun at close range can deal 150+ damage, which is often enough to wipe out players in a single shot, if not leaving them incredibly vulnerable. Alternatively, play a Duo or Squads game and finish off any downed enemies you or your team take down with a shotgun headshot for easy eliminations.
- Eliminate Opponents in Anarchy Acres (3) – If you want to guarantee yourself someone to eliminate in Anarchy Acres for this week 9 challenge, you’re best landing here as soon as you can while everyone’s still going for those Battle Stars. Focus on getting a weapon off the floor first rather than necessarily battling it out for a chest. Then it’s simply a case of picking off those still desperately searching for a weapon.
There you have all you need to know to complete the week 9 challenges in Fortnite. For more on the game, be sure to check out our wiki.