How to Get Exotic Engrams in Destiny 2
Destiny 2 is all about blasting aliens in the face and getting the best gear that the game has to offer. Much of the best gear comes in the form of exotics. These are highly-coveted, badass-looking, perk-filled weapons and armor that drop from those shiny, yellow exotic engrams. Of course, every Guardian in the galaxy wants to get their hands on exotic engrams, so here’s what you need to know.
You can get exotic engrams in a number of ways in Destiny 2, but almost all of them will require some serious hard work. Check out the list below.
- Crucible – Though very rare, you can sometimes get exotic engrams dropping in Destiny 2’s PvP arena.
- Heroic Public Events – While Public Events in Destiny 2 will often see you bagging rare and sometimes legendary gear, activating one of the Heroic Public Events will give you an increased chance of bagging exotic engrams. It’s still a slim chance, but you can’t turn down better odds, right?
- Leveling Up Vendors – Speak to the vendors and NPCs on all of the different planets, complete missions, challenges, and open chests to earn tokens, and then redeem these tokens for legendary and exotic engrams.
- Strikes – After you complete one of Destiny 2’s Strikes, you’ll be rewarded with some loot. Again, exotic engrams aren’t guaranteed, but we’ve had some success farming them this way.
- Raids – When Destiny 2’s first raid launches later this week, it’s sure to become one of the best ways to farm legendary and exotic engrams. How frequently exotics will drop remains to be seen.
- Xur – The Agent of the Nine returns in Destiny 2. He’ll be tucked away in any of the social areas in the game, so you’ll have to hunt him down. Hand over Legendary Shards for some sweet exotic engrams, weapons, and more.
- Random Drops – We never thought it’d happen, but it can and does. Every so often, a powerful enemy roaming around one of the planets may drop an exotic engram.
- Finish Story – Finally, by finishing Destiny 2’s story, Zavala will grant you one exotic engram as a sign of congratulations. The story will also reward you with a number of exotic weapons and armor along the way, but these are specific items.
For more on Destiny 2, be sure to check out our wiki.