Peacekeeper Guide and Tips – For Honor
The Peacekeeper is one of twelve character classes that you can play as in For Honor, and it falls under the Knights faction. They have low defenses, but are completely about speed and surprise. It’s a character that requires you to stay on your toes and on the move at all times, relentlessly keeping the enemy occupied.
The Peacekeeper is one of the medium difficulty characters to play in For Honor, so it’ll require a little bit of practice. We’ll take a look at the heroes’ strengths, moveset, and some essential tips for playing it.
STRENGTHS, WEAKNESSES AND MOVESET – HOW TO PLAY THE PEACEKEEPER
Peacekeeper – Assassin – Fast, Counter-Attacker
Strengths – Good at 1v1 duels, speed, able to close distances fast, has good bleed damage.
Weaknesses – Short attack range, low defense.
Hero Specific Perks
- Renown: Earn more renown in 1v1 fights, by killing enemy heroes, and getting killing streaks.
- Revenge Mode: Boosts Damage and Health. All Attack are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on Activation.
- Defense: Reflex: Your Guard Stance only remains active for a limited time.
- Deflect: Deflect by dodging in the direction of an incoming attack just before impact. Can be followed-up by Riposting Stab.
- Dagger Cancel: Cancel and heavy attack during the startup with a light attack. The attack inflicts a Bleed effect.
- Stab Cancel: Press square (X) in between stabs to back away.
- Zone Attack: Cancel Zone Attack after the first attack with circle (B).
- Twisting Blades – R1, R1, R2 (RB, RB, RT on Xbox)
- Dervish Strikes – R1, R2 (RB, RT on Xbox)
- Sword Dance – R2, R2 (RT, RT on Xbox)
- Slipping Lunge (Not in Guard Mode) – L3+Square (L3+X on Xbox)
- Deep Gouge – R2, R1 (RT, RB on Xbox)
- Dashing Thrust – Left stick up+X, R2 (Left stick up+A, RT on Xbox)
- Sidestep Strike – Left stick left or right+X, R2 (Left stick left or right+A, RT on Xbox)
- Stab – Square, R1, R1, R1 (X, RB, RB, RB on Xbox)
TACTICS – HOW TO PLAY THE PEACEKEEPER
The Peacekeeper is a hero entirely focused on speed and stealth, striking enemies before they have a chance to react. Because of their short range, you’re going to want to strike swiftly and back away out of danger. It’s incredibly important to keep in mind that the Peacekeeper guard is only up for a short while, so you can’t just select a direction with the right stick and leave it there.
The best tactic with the Peacekeeper is to strike quickly, and let your bleed effect knock down the enemies’ health. Keep on the move constantly, and prompt enemies to attack. Use the dodge on the X (or A) button to quickly evade attacks and leap to the side, then unleash a quick combo of light attacks on them. If you get your timing exactly right, dodge the same way your opponent’s attack is coming and you can deflect the blow, opening them up to strike. As the Peacekeeper has short range, you’ll need to stay up close and personal when you’re on the attack, and then back off when on defense.
The Peacekeeper’s guard break can be very useful as well. Hitting Square (or X) will break the enemies guard, then follow up with R1 three times in quick succession to give three deadly stabs. It’s important to pay attention to your character’s animation and hit R1 right as they stab the enemy. Additionally if you need some space, you can use a Guard Break and then hit Square (or X) again to give a jumping kick that not only knocks the enemy back, but propels you away from them as well.
It’s easy to stay mobile with this character, so if you’re playing a team match it might be a good idea to simply dash around and sow chaos against the enemy. Jump in to help allies, distract multiple opponents, and inflict bleed damage, then keep yourself away from danger. Speed is your greatest ally. Just keep an eye on your stamina, as running out of speed will be a problem.
With the Peacekeeper’s low defense already, any equipment you use should be focused on upping your attack damage or lengthening your bleed effect.
RECOMMENDED FEATS – HOW TO PLAY THE PEACEKEEPER
- Stealth: This Feat is essential for the Peacekeeper as it’ll hide you from the HUD, Radar, and Aim Assist. This makes it much easier to dash around the battlefield and launch surprise attacks against the enemy.
- Revenge Attacks: With your Peacekeeper probably being on the offensive so much, Revenge Attacks help by letting attacks fill your Revenge meter. This can be essential to help you out when enemies counter-attack.
- Crossbow or Sharpen Blade: The Crossbow can be useful to inflict some hefty damage on enemies from a distance, before closing in for the kill. Alternatively, you can use Sharpen Blade to help boost the effects of your Bleed ability.
- Fear Itself: This Feats is very useful, lowering the Stamina regeneration and defense of enemies. When using this, make sure to attack relentlessly and take advantage of your opponent’s lowered abilities.
For more help, tips, and guides on For Honor, make sure to take a look at our ever-expanding wiki.