Disable Screen Blood Splatter
Getting blood on your screen is very annoying in Fallout 4, especially when the game starts to chug and you can’t see anything. This graphics mod removes that feature, keeping your screen clean at all times. No more being blinded by a bunch of blurry red dots while you’re trying to maintain your focus in the middle of battle.
The health bar is more than enough of an indicator that you’re getting your ass handed to you, so let’s keep the windshield clear. Mods that remove features can be just as beneficial as those that add them.
The Grasslands graphics mod shows what it would be like if nature reclaimed the Wasteland. Fields of grass take over the land, flowers begin to grow, and trees begin to flourish. It’s almost as if the nuclear fallout is dissipating and the world is going back to normal. Of course, you still have all of the same threats coming at you, so don’t get too comfortable.
This is perfect for those tired of seeing the same thing everywhere they go. A little bit of life can make the game feel brand new.
Improved Map With Visible Roads
Moving around the world of Fallout 4 is a lot like it was in Skyrim. You set a waypoint and then you realize there’s a huge obstruction in your path and now you must find a way around (or sideways walk up a mountain). This map mod shows you all the roads so you can plan ahead, even allowing for you to notice shortcuts you just wouldn’t have seen before. One of the most useful mods to have enabled in your game.
While most would agree that the unknown is part of the Wasteland’s excitement, sometimes you just have somewhere to be.
Let’s be honest, as kind as Preston is, he’s a bit annoying? He doesn’t care about you or your well-being. All that matters is that you’re able to go help some settlers when he needs you to. Wouldn’t it be great to take him down a notch? You know? Just to let him know that he isn’t the only person who needs help.
The Tiny Preston mod allows players to do just that. Reducing Preston to a diminutive size. While it won’t stop him from bothering you, he’ll have to take a hell of a lot more steps to reach you first.
Ultra Realistic Food
While it may not seem like a huge deal, changing textures on items and packaging on food can really add to the immersion of Fallout 4. You’re hunting out in the wasteland, dealing with monstrosities and other foul creatures, and suddenly you have a silly, obviously fake food item in front of you. Ultra Realistic Food changes textures to make the items you find fit the realistic world surrounding them.
What’s cool is that the names of everything are still the same, just more realistic. Sometimes mods make small tweaks that can make all of the difference.
The lighting in Fallout 4 on the Xbox One is less than desirable. Things don’t glow the way they should, and brightness along with range suffer for some reason. This is the case for lights throughout the game whether they be on items, buildings, or even your Pip-Boy. The Light Overhaul graphics mod makes all of the lighting in the game extra pretty, providing a much more pleasant glow and shadows that look like the real deal.
WET: Water Enhancement Textures
This is for those who like everything to be extra pretty. You’ve got mods covering lights, grass, a tiny Preston, now all you need is some pretty water. The WET: Water Enhancement Textures mod helps to make this a reality. It adds foam, splashing, rain ripples, and even better visibility. You’ll still die if you drink too much, though.
Targeting HUD and Berry Mentats Enhanced
Determining exactly what you’re looking at while using your Power Armor in Fallout 4, especially at night, can be pretty difficult. The Targeting HUD and Berry Mentats Enhanced mod helps to sort all of that out by highlighting everything in a way that makes your life much easier (like all the best mods do). Enemies will be highlighted in red, friendlies in green, and corpses in blue so you’ll know exactly who to shoot at and where to loot. Hopefully this mod helps you out during the more hectic encounters later on in the game, or when your settlements are under attack.
ColloseusX’s Toy Soldiers
This graphics mod also adds an entirely new way to enjoy the Fallout 4 wasteland. Toy Soldiers adds guns that fire tiny versions of enemies from the game. These little toys will do battle against one another, allowing you to play your very own little strategy game wherever you want. It’s a fun little excursion when you need a break from doing all of the killing yourself.
All Weapons Shoot Paintballs
The gore in Fallout 4 can weigh heavily on a players soul. All of the blood and fire that paints your enemies out in the Wasteland is pretty nasty, so why not add a dash of color. This mod turns all of your weapons into paintball guns so you can kill threats with art. Each type of weapon has a specific color assigned to it allowing you to create your very own masterpieces.
Ultra Interior Lighting
Ultra Interior Lighting has one goal: make lighting ultra… in interiors. It includes impressive enhancements to the interior lighting system, improving shadows and ambience across the Wasteland. The best part is that this mod shouldn’t put much of a strain on your game, keeping performance in a good place. You can check out the range of the improvement in the image above.
BodySlide and Outfit Studio
The Bodyslide and Outfit Studio mod is one of the coolest improvements to make to your character’s visuals. With it, you can customize your body and outfits with high precision. Alter your appearance with sliders for tons of features, and check out the result in the textured preview.
Enhanced Lights and FX
This mod is another one focused mainly on lighting, hoping to make the world of Fallout 4 a little more photorealistic. Check out the list of improvements:
- All interior light sources emits light.
- More godray casting lights.
- More shadow caster lights.
- Enhanced interior day/night circle visuals.
- Darker interior ambient light and fog(in some cases, really dark).
- Slight to none FPS loss.
True Storms – Wasteland Edition (Thunder-Rain-Weather Redone)
This mod overhauls the existing weather effects of Fallout 4, but also adds a bunch of new effects, textures, and sounds to the mix. There are 20 new sounds for thunder, radiation rain, heavy dust storms, and plenty more to experience. Here’s the full list of inclusions:
• v1.4 features a lot of new additions and changes, please see the CHANGELOG for full details!
• Far Harbor add-on now available in v1.4!
• NMM installer for easier selection of options (requires Nexus Mod Manager)
• In-game configuration Holotape to turn all features on and off, plus weather control holotape
• Sneak buffs for player and companions during storms
• New weather types including radiation rain, heavy dust storms, heavy fogs, heavy/light rain, and more
• Intense visuals during rainstorms — new distant fork and sheet lightning effects in the sky.
• All-new heavy rain/dust textures, materials, visual effects, and particle geometry for truly heavy storms.
• 20 all-new intense thunder sounds, and a new method for much more unpredictable/random playback and lightning strikes.
• New interior sounds for all weathers: wind, rain, radstorm, and thunder sounds for all rain types, but only inside locations where it makes sense.
• Volume slider for new thunder and rain sounds to give you more control.
• Fully configurable chance for Feral Ghoul attacks during radiation storms! (please see video for details)
Vivid Fallout – Landscapes – Textures in HD
Bring your textures up to speed with this mod, which overhauls Fallout 4’s original landscape textures with sharper HD ones. These work to create a crisper and more intricately lit environment, but can be a hefty toll on your system. If that’s the case, the mod also includes slightly weaker options for weaker PCs.
Valkyr Female Face and Body Textures
The Valkyr Female Face and Body texture pack is one of the best visual upgrades for female characters, overhauling the entire model with more realistic features. Lighting, facial structures, and body realism are all vastly improved with just one mod.
Enhanced Blood Texture
While some may opt for mods that remove blood and gore from Fallout 4, this mod will turn up the viscera to a 10. The Fallout series revolves around themes of violence, brutality, and mercilessness, and a truer experience may mean grittier visuals for you. Here’s a list of what you can expect:
Basic version features:
- Replaces combat blood splatter, screen blood, and decapitation spurts
- Increased blood amount. All hits and decapitation effects will now cause more blood stains
- New wounds: blunt, bladed, claws, unarmed, and energy weapons
- Increased screen blood size with shorter duration
- Fix bloodstain creature glitch
- Improved vanilla hand-placed blood decals
- Optional files for subtle screen blood, color and splatters
- Includes alternate blood splatters which are more realistic focused
Standard version features:
- Blood pooling
- Additional blood stains from hits and torso explosions
- Blood trails when at low health
- Robots and synths will bleed oil
- Spasms for dying characters
- Brawl bug fix
- Includes basic version features
Bring some more drama to the Wasteland with this mod all about the night. It makes the game’s notoriously bright nights a little darker, with seven different darkness levels to choose from. There are also some optional features packaged in, including NPC detection settings and night vision. For added fun, the 24/7 night mode will turn Fallout 4 into a neverending night of terror.
LooksMenu Customization Compendium
This mod is about as deep as customization gets, pooling the creation of multiple modders into one package with hundreds of customization options. Tons of hair colors, tattoos, scars, face paints, and more await.
Fallout 4 – Texture Optimization Project
Fallout 4’s textures in many cases are huge, and not super friendly to lower-end PCs. The Texture Optimization Project is taking the problem head on, replacing high-res textures with compressed versions that still look great, but lead to a great improvement in performance for many players.
Pip-Boy Flashlight (Pipboy – Power Armor – Lamp Overhaul)
If you’re going to up the textures and models in your game, you might as well illuminate them with a more sophisticated flashlight. The flashlight overhaul mod is filled with features, listed below:
- Dynamic shadows.
- Volumetric light.
- Unique light spill.
- 120+ light textures for Pipboy.
- 120+ light textures for Power Armor.
- 10 distance settings.
- 2 emitter positions.
- 2 sets of sound effects.
- Alternate 3rd person animations.
- Offset 1st person light mesh.
- You control the color using the in-game options. (New in 5.0!)
- You control the brightness using the in-game options. (New in 5.0!)
- Use together with Tactical Flashlights to distribute all new wearable flashlight models to the wasteland!
You haven’t really graphically updated Fallout 4, or any game really, until you’ve replaced its cold, dead eyes with more realistic ones. This mod will do just that, with better textures and eyelash options ready for your customization needs.
If you’re looking for an even more massive weather mod than True Storms, we recommend Vivid Weathers and its dozens of additions.
- 75 New Weathers
- Over 110 new cloud textures
- Added 15 more cloud meshes to the game so Fallout4 now handles over 30 Cloud layers!
- New Rain sounds
- Sound sliders for Rain and Thunder Sounds
- Adds 17 new Thunder sounds!
- enhanced Sunrays
- Immersive Sunsets
- Enhanced Volumetric Fogs for Rainy and Foggy Weathers
- Night brightness depending on the Weather
- many little small details as surprise 😉
- Spell and Perk modifiers to Heavy Fog /Rain / Storm weathers that affects NPC’S to detect you
Heavy fog & Snow Weathers :
- Sneaking visibility decreased by 80%
Heavy Rain and Thunder Weathers
- Walking noise decreased by 80% (sneaking visibility stays the same)
- Sneaking visibility decreased by 80% , Walking noise decreased by 80%
- With Vivid Weathers you can experience following Weather Situations:
- 12 New Clear Weathers
- 12 New Cloudy Weathers
- 3 Fallout Weathers (Snow)
- 6 Overcast weathers
- 9 new Radstorm / Rad Rain / Rad Snow weathers
- 18 Different Rain Weathers (Lite,Med,Heavy)
- 8 Thunder & Rain Weathers (Lite,Med,Heavy)
- 7 Fog Weathers in different strenghts
- 1 Surprise Weather for all Silent Hill fans 😉
Fallout 4 Seasons – Grass – Trees – Plants – Snow
Fallout 4 can be immersive, but it could be even better with full seasons. This mod adds Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall to the Wasteland by altering weather, vegetation, and more. The downside is that the game doesn’t cycle through these seasons on its own, but you can change the season from the mod manager at any time.
Proper Flyers and Posters
The posters around Fallout 4 are a little lifeless. Fair enough — they did weather a radiation disaster. Still, you can choose to replace them with 4k or 2k posters using this mod. Now your world is filled with propaganda, advertisements, and pinups.