While playing through Battleborn, you’ll notice that you can unlock and use Gear. These are items you can equip as part of a loadout to give yourself an edge during a session. Some of these are Legendary and require you to use each character in specific ways to unlock.
These pieces of Legendary Gear can only be used by the characters needed to unlock them, but they greatly increase their abilities. All unlocks are done through Lore Challenges, and each character has their very own.
Chances are that you won’t main every character, so we’ve put each character and their unlocks in alphabetical order to help you figure out what you need.
Ambra is a powerful Jennerit healer who uses fire abilities and area attacks. Completing her challenges unlocks the Shard of Jennar.
- Cleansing Fire – Heal teammates for 50,000 HP.
- Order of the Sustaining Mother – Heal yourself for 24,000 HP using the Staff of Radiance.
- Staff of the Silent Sisters – Deal 28,000 damage with Scorching Strikes.
- The Winds of Change – Kill 500 enemies with Solar Wind.
- Command The Very Stars – Deal 60,000 damage with Extinction Event (Ultimate Skill).
Attikus is a Jennerit Defender with powerful melee attacks and electrical abilities.
- In His Face – Land 12 Critical hits on Lothar Rendain with Charged Hook.
- Ascent From the Pits – Win a match on each Tempest map at least once (Echelon, The Saboteur, and The Heliophage).
- Defender, You Have Become Defenseless – Deal 30,000 bonus damage to enemy shields.
- Leading the Charge – Activate skill with a fully-charged Hedronic Collector 200 times.
- Rise of the Thrall – Knock up three enemies simultaneously 25 times.
Benedict is a Peacekeepers Attacker with high mobility and speed. Uses rockets for his onslaught. Completing his challenges unlocks the Air Mail AGM Launcher.
- Help for a Grounded Recruit? – Kill 50 players from the air.
- Rocket Jump Professional – Glide for 3 hours total.
- The Tour – Play 5 matches on a team with at least three other Peacekeepers.
- So Many Rockets – Fire 425 rockets in a single match, 5 times.
- The Bird’s Last Word – Get 100 kills with Boomsday (Ultimate Skill).
Boldur is an Eldrid Defender. What he lacks in height he makes up for in power and attack speed. Completing his challenges unlocks the Rune of the Bear.
- Woodsworn – Play a match on a team that consists of nothing but Eldrid Battleborn.
- Defender of Ekkunar – Absorb 50,000 damage with the greatshield.
- The Dwarf’s Favorite Axiom – Deal 25,000 explosve damage with Axe Toss while energized by Runes of Power (Ultimate Skill).
- The Runes That Best Reflect My Mood – Self-heal for 10,000 damage with the Ekkuni Greatshield while energized by Runes of Power (Ultimate Skill).
- The Unbearable – Kill 1000 enemies while enraged.
Caldarius is a Jennerit Attacker. He is fast and has the ability to both blind and disrupt enemies. Completing his challenges unlocks the Blade of Transfusion.
- Soaring Reputation – Double jump 1,600 times.
- The Armor Costs More Than You – Deal 40,000 damage with Aerial Assault (Ultimate Skill).
- A Vision of Solitude – Kill 200 blinded enemies.
- The Arena and You: Partners in Freedom – Kill 750 Jennerit troops.
- Three-to-One Contact – Kill 150 enemies with your blade while teamed with Rath.
Deande is a Jennerit Attacker who utilizes stealth to get the drop on opponents. Completing all of her Lore Challenges unlocks the Fan of the Retreat.
- Cloak and Dagger – Kill 500 enemies with The Element of Surprise.
- One Step Ahead – Stealth with less than 20% health 30 times.
- War Is Hardly Civil – Deal 10,000 damage to Rendain.
- Fan of the Empire – Deal 60,000 damage with Blink Storm (Ultimate Skill).
- The Seeds of Secret Orders – Play 5 matches while teamed up with Ambra.
El Dragon is an LLC Attacker that uses physical attacks (he is a wrestler, after all) to decimate foes. Completing his challenges earns you the Charges Champion’s Belt.
- Fired Up – Kill 50 players while En Fuego (Ultimate Skill).
- Armed and Handsomest – Play 5 matches while teamed with Kleese.
- The Fall of the Luchador – Destroy 1,000 minions with the Dragon Splash.
- The Price for Disarmament – Strike 4 enemies with one Clothesline 100 times.
- The Rise of the Dragon – Land the killing blow on ISIC during The Algorithm.
Galilea is a Peacekeepers Defender. While not very fast, she is powerful and can take a lot of damage. Completing her challenges unlocks the Shadow Mote Overflow.
- Sisterhood – Play 5 matches while teamed with Ambra.
- Frienemies – Kill Ambra 25 times.
- Dark Knight of the Soul – Regenerate 10,000 HP using Abyssal Form (Ultimate Skill).
- Arbitration – Block 25,000 damage using your greatshield.
- No Redemption – Kill 100 Jennerit enemies while corrupted.
Ghalt is a Peacekeepers Attacker. He uses a powerful shotgun and revolver to keep the damage coming. He also relies on traps to keep enemies close. Completing his challenges unlocks the UPR Synchronograph.
- Social Engineering – Kill 100 Jennerit enemies with Scraptraps.
- The First Battleborn – Achieve First Blood 10 times.
- Ghalt’s Call – Pull 25 players with The Hook.
- The First Shots of the Solus War – Deall 500,000 damage with Ghalt’s Revolver Shotgun.
- First Round Draft Pics – Play 5 matches with either Deande, Mellka, or Kleese on your team.
ISIC is an LLC Defender, as well as a bit of a jerk. He uses powerful plasma abilities to keep advancing forces at bay.
- Epiphany.exe – Deal 100,000 damage with Omega Strike (Ultimate Skill).
- Magnus Self-Review MAG_MRBX-1210 – Use Overcharge 60 times.
- The Rogue Magnus Speaks! – Block 50,000 damage with Rotating Wards.
- Warning : Rogue Magnus – Play 5 matches while teamed with Kleese.
- Ocoban Mining Exploration Report – Kill 250 minions using Plasma Dash.
Kelvin is an Eldrid Defender who likes to control areas, perfect for defending objectives. Completing his challenges earns you the Plasmite-Infused Plating Legendary Gear item.
- Bite-Size Wonders – Deal 80,000 damage with Chomp.
- That’s an Ice Shield – Absorb 50,000 shield damage.
- Miko Are All My Friends – Play 5 matches while teamed with Miko.
- The Best Defense is De Fence – Stun 100 enemies with Ice Wall.
- Micro Macro Mis Me – Stun 3 other players using Sublimate at once 25 times.
Kleese is an LLC Supporter who is also good at defending objectives. Instead of healing, he helps by providing defense and keeping enemies away.
- Slow, Not Dead – Kill 500 enemies that are trapped in the Black Hole (Ultimate Skill).
- Introducing: The Magnus – Deal 10,000 shield damage using Energy Mortar.
- A Shocking Message – Damage 250 enemies with the Shock Taser.
- Ride of the Battle Throne – Use Kleese in every single map at least once.
- I care About You. No, Really. – Restore 50,000 shield strength to allies.
Marquis is an LLC Attacker who specializes in sniping. He’s a gentleman, so he’ll he make deaths as quick and painless as possible. Completing his challenges unlocks the Bindlebooster.
- To Serve Man – Hasten allies with Temporial Distortion 100 times.
- Searching… – Trigger Eins, Zwei, Die 250 times.
- Hobo Eradication Protocol – Deal 6,000 damage with Bindleblast in one match. Do this 10 times (Ultimate Skill).
- More Robot Rebellion – Deal 100,000 damage with Predatory Strike.
- Overprotective – Play 5 matches while teamed with Phoebe.
Mellka is an Eldrid Attacker and the first character you get to try in Battleborn, although she’s one of the last you unlock. Easy to use, quick, and with great range, she’s a force to be reckoned with. Completing her challenges unlocks the Mutant Magazines Legendary Gear item.
- Furious Upbrining – Deal 30,000 damage with Blade Launcher (Ultimate Skill).
- Spaceborne Malady – Kill 500 enemies from the air.
- Heeding the Call – Play 5 matches while teamed with Ghalt.
- Which Blade? – Deal 250,000 damage to envenomed targets.
- Punching the Darkness – Kill 100 Varelsi with claw damage.
An Eldrid Supporter, Miko is all about healing his buddies. Of course, he’s also able to hold his own in battle if the need arises. Completing his Battleborn Lore challenges unlocks the Spores of Milollopria.
- Regrown Universe – Heal 30,000 using A. Mikollopria.
- Two’s a Crowd – Play 5 matches while teamed with Kelvin.
- Sporenado – Stun 100 enemies using Cloud of Spores
- Sowing Destruction – Get 50 assists.
- Hats Off to the Healer – Heal 3 allies simultaneously with Fungus Among Us 30 times (Ultimate Skill).
Montanta is a Peacekeepers Defender with a high damage output. Using his Minigun, he can tear through foes, especially if you don’t let go of the trigger (gains more damage the hotter it gets). Completing his challenges grants you the Custom-Fit Flak Vest Legendary Gear item.
- The Hearty Son of Aplia – Take One Million damage.
- No Charge for the Evaluation – Kill 50 enemies using Lumberjack Dash.
- Fireside Sing-Along – Deal 15,000 using Firestorm.
- Everybody Just Calm Down – Slow 5 enemies back to back using Hailstorm 20 times.
- War is Bliss – Play 5 matches with at least one other Peacekeeper.
This Rogue Attacker relies on speed and skill modification to defeat adversaries. Completing her challenges gets you the Variable Morpher.
- Very Morphic Pillars – Damage 3 enemies with one Shadowfire Pillar 40 times.
- Shifty Witching – Deal 12,000 damage with Paradigm shift in one match (Ultimate Skill).
- The Essence of Chaos – Use Nullify to knock an enemy back into your Shadowfire 20 times.
- The Eyes Have You – Deal 100,000 damage with Orendi’s secondary attack.
- Taht’s A very Nice Hat Trick – Use Shadowfire Pillar 50 times in a single math. You must do this 10 times.
Oscar Mike is a Peacekeepers Attacker who uses his military training, agility, and stealth to lead his team to victory.
- I Am Literally Made for This – Fire 50,000 rounds.
- Fitting In – Deal 36,000 damage in one match using Grenades.
- Something Ugly to Cry About – Deal 20,000 damage while using Stealth Generator.
- On Sight Interview – Kill 500 enemies with Red Dot sight activated.
- From Yer Best Bud – Play 5 matches with Montana on your team.
Phoebe is an LLC Attacker whose royal visage shouldn’t fool you. She is a deadly close range-fighter who’s not afraid of getting hurt.
- The Sky Is Falling – Damage 8 enemies simultaneously with Blade Cascade 5 times.
- My Butler Buddy – Play 5 matches teamed up with Marquis.
- Adventures in Phasing – Teleport a total of 250,000 meters with Phasegate.
- Addonexus – Deal 2000 damage with one use of Blade Rush.
- Dancing Lessions Pay Off – Deal 80,000 damage with True Strike.
One of the first characters you unlock in Battleborn, Rath is a Jennerit Attacker who survives the heat of battle thanks to his vampiric abilities. You earn the Improved Genetic Syphon Legendary Gear Item when you complete all of his challenges.
- Sustained Across Time – Deal 10,000 melee damage in a single match or mission, 10 times.
- Betrayal, Betrayer – Kill 500 Jennerit.
- Render the Snake Headless – Deal 2,000 damage to Rendain with Catalytic Smash.
- Axiom, Praxis, and Precept – Hit 3 enemies with one Crossblade attack 100 times.
- Thank You Letter – Play 5 matches while teamed with Caldarius.
Reyna is a Rogue Supporter hell-bent on keeping her allies shielded and away from damage. Completing her challenges nets you the Captain’s Snazzy Timepiece for your troubles.
- Make it Reyna – Absorb 25,000 damage with Photonic Ward (Ultimate Skill).
- Now I got Their Back – Drain 150 enemy shields with Plasma Pulse.
- The Signal – Give an overshield to 100 allies.
- the Best Defense – Kill 1000 enemies with your primary weapon.
- A Marked Improvement to Battle – Deal 30,000 damage to enemies marked by Priority Target.
Shayne & Aurox
A Rogue Attacker that is difficult to master but fully utilizes both entities that make up this Battleborn. Completing their challenges grants you the Smack Attack Slinger Legendary Gear Item.
- Mentor for Monsters – Play 5 matches while teamed with Reyna.
- Fetch Me a Symbiote – Grab 25 other Battleborn using Fetch.
- Isn’t This a Buddy Comedy?! – Kill 200 enemies using Stealth Strike.
- Always Comes Back – Hit 60 enemies with Shayne’s Boomerang while separated from Aurox. Will need to use the Ultimate Skill “Tag Team.”
- Re-Mined to Kill You Later – Deal 10,000 damage using Tag Team (Ultimate Skill).
Thorn is an Eldrid Attacker and one of the first characters you’ll gain access to in Battleborn. She’s a sniper with a potent healing ability, although she has no shield. Completing her challenges unlocks the Aelfrin Memory Band.
- Daughter of Shadows – Kill 500 enemies with Blight.
- Spry Spirit Spray – Kill 20 players with Volley while in the air.
- The Last – Win The Archive on Advanced Difficulty without dying.
- Vengeance for the Lost – Kill 1000 Jennerit troops.
- Granddaughter of Stone – Play 5 matches while teamed up with Boldur.
Toby is a penguin who sits in a mech and absolutely wrecks everything in his path. He’s tough to get a hang of, but this Rogue Defender is a force to be reckoned with. Complete his challenges to earn The Double Hug.
- Pick on Your Own (Shield) Size! – Absorb a toltal of 20,000 damage using Force Field.
- Temper, Temper, Ta-Boom – Kill 20 enemies with self-destruct.
- Rejection – Hit 250 enemies with Railgun rounds that have been accelerated by Force Field.
- None Shall Pass 0 Detonate 50 Arc Mines using the Railgun.
- Killing on Rails – Get 10 double-kills using Core Discharge (Ultimate Skill).
This Rogue Attacker is a lot like Oscar Mike, only darker, and a bit deadlier.
- Mike, Check – Get 150 critical shots on any other Battleborn.
- Sticky Situations – Stick grenades to 50 Battleborn.
- Going Alone – Kill Oscar Mike 25 times.
- Some Find Me Repulsive – Knockback a total of 2,500 enemies using Scrap Cannon.
- Say Mike Again – Get 500 kills using the quick melee attack.
If you need any other help with Battleborn, check out our wiki!