One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 contains Treasure Events which are hidden sequences that only play out when certain criteria are met by the player. These range from completing certain actions quickly, to beating levels with specific characters. While none of the Treasure Events in One Piece: Pirate Warriors are especially difficult, some will require a bit of a time commitment since they require specific characters that most players don’t really use often, or are unlocked later in the game.
Characters you will want to focus on leveling up to make your life easier are Zoro, Sanji, Brook, Nami, Ivankov, Buggy, Jimbei, and Boa Hancock. You’ll only need them to be powerful enough for the One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 Treasure Events that require them, so don’t stress yourself out trying to max out every single one.
- Defeat all Marine Captains approaching Nami. If she falls, you’ll have to start over.
- Destroy every single Captain Morgan Statue.
- You must play as Zoro.
- Clear the first two cannon rooms while taking as little damage as possible.
- Defeat Alvida (she will appear twice). It must be you who defeats her, not one of your allies. Now get Captain Buggy to about 40% health and the event will trigger.
- Prevent enemies from destroying Usopp’s barriers while also clearing enemy controlled territories. As long as you keep an eye out on what’s going on around Usopp, you should be fine.
- When Kuro first appears, lead him to Usopp. This means you must bring him to where Usopp set up the barriers since he won’t leave that small area. Once Kuro gets close enough, the Treasure Event will trigger and you can defeat him.
- There will be a group of Pirate Captains with “?” icons. Defeat all of them.
- Locate and defeat Dracule Mihawk.
- Complete Sanji’s Strategy.
- You must play as Sanji. There will be a group of Fishman Captains with “?” icons. Defeat them all.
- When the Marines appear, go after the captains in order to defend your allies. All of your allies must survive.
- Switch over to Zoro and defeat Hatchi (the octopus dude) before the boss battle against Arlong.
- If you did everything correct and none of your allies were defeated, a “?” mark will appear over Arlong when you initiate the battle, meaning it’s Treasure Event time.
- You must play as Zoro and defeat Tashigi.
- Switch over to Luffy and find Alvida in the southern part of the map.
- There will be three lighting rods that you will easily find since they appears as “!” on the map. Destroy them quickly. The Treasure Event will trigger once Buggy arrives.
- You must play as Luffy. Immediately head over to Wapol (clearing territories on the way) as soon as he appears. Defeat him.
- Let no Lapan retreat. After some time the Treasure Event will Trigger.
- Smoker will appear in the southern section of the map. Find and defeat him.
- Robin will appear for a short period of time in the northeast. Hurry to her and defeat her in combat.
- You must play as Zoro and meet up with Mr. 1.
- You must play as Sanji and defeat Tashigi in battle which will require your support characters. Have them charged up before going into battle.
- Still playing as Sanji, meet up with Mr. 2.
- Marine Captains will appear with a “?” icon. Find and defeat them.
- Blackbeard and Burgess will appear. You must defeat Blackbeard first or else he will flee and you will have to start over.
- Quickly defeat the Captains trying to attack Nami and Nico Robin. Make sure that neither of your allies retreat.
- Afterwards, defeat all Captains trying to attack the Going Merry.
- Eneru will appear in one of the red zones. Defeat him and two Captains with the “?” icon will appear. Defeat those captains, as well.
- Eneru will appear in another red zone. Quickly take over that territory and defeat him before he appears for the final time as the stage’s boss in the northern part of the map.
- You must play as Sanji and defeat all of the enemy Captains that appear. They will once again have the “?” icon, so they’ll be easy to pick out of a crowd.
- Win against Franky. He will appear a second time in the southwest of the map. This time, he should have a “?” icon, defeat him again.
- There will be 10 enemy waves in front of the mansion. Defeat all of them before Nami breaks in.
- Play as Zoro and face Kaku.
- Play as Sanji and face Jyabura.
- Franky enters the battle. At that point, quickly run to Rob Lucci. If you get there quickly enough the Treasure Event will trigger.
Water 7 Departure
- There will be a group of Captains with the “?” icon. Defeat them as fast as possible.
- Aokiji will appear in the south. Find and defeat him, but be aware that he is very tough. He will freeze you whenever he’s given the opportunity and can cancel your Kizuna Rush. Also, while fighting Aokiji, Garp will be attacking your territory. If you don’t defeat Aokiji quickly enough, Garp will succeed and you will have to start over.
- You must play as Brook and let no captains retreat while you locate and defeat Doppleman.
- Defeat every single enemy in the graveyard before heading into Perona’s area. Also make sure to talk to every single ally before the fight.
- Approach Persona and there will be a short scene.
- Next, you will have to clear zombies until the Oars custscene plays. Continue to play normally.
- Defeat Kuma once he appears.
- When Oars is defeated, Moria will appear wherever Nami is. Head over there and defeat him.
- You must play as Nami and defeat all of the Marine Captains. They will have the “?” icons, as usual.
- Kizaru and Sentamarou will appear in different areas of the map. Immediately head towards Sentamarou and defeat him before Kizaru makes it to him.
- Afterwards, two Pacifistas (Kuma cyborgs) will appear. Lure them to the south central area of the map. This is where Trafalgar Law is located and he is need to trigger the treasure event. Simply get both cyborgs into the room and defeat them.
- Play as Ivankov then help Crocodile win against the Monotaurus.
- Buggy will join shortly afterwards, at which point you will need to head to the southwest quickly in order to free Mr. 1. Crocodile will be your support up to this point in order to get into the southwest.
- Free every single prisoner while protecting Buggy. The areas you need to liberate will be marked with a “?” icon.
- Head to the control room (it’s the place where Mr. 2 is headed) and clear the room as fast as possible.
Marineford Part I
- Play as Ivankov and make sure not to capture Smoker’s territory. Instead, locate and defeat Kuma.
- Now you must play as Luffy in order to attract Boa Hancock. Start a fight with Smoker then run away and try to talk to Boa Hancock. Go back and continue your fight with smoker in order to trigger the scene that brings Boa Hancock into the fight.
- Play as Buggy and face Dracule Mihawk.
- Play as Jimbei and defeat Gecko Moria. This all will earn you the Treasure Event.
Marineford Part II
- You must play as Hancock and defeat Sentamarou before fighting Garp.
- Doflamingo must be defeated while Crocodile is nearby. If he isn’t, then lead Doflamingo towards him.
- There will be Marine groups with the “?” icon. Defeat all of them before they can takeover Whitebeard’s territory.
- Quickly run to the scaffolding and clear it. You have to be very fast. You’ll know you got it in time because the “?” icon will appear over Garp.
- Once Ace is freed, you will have to deal with more Marine Captains that have the “?” icon.
- Playing as anyone other than Luffy or Whitebeard, defeat Sentamarou when he retreats to his Pacifistas. He must be defeated before they are.
- You must make sure that Nami reaches Usopp before Sanji reaches Nami. If done right, Sanji will go after Robin instead.
- During the mission Boa Hancock will retreat to her ship, escort her in order to receive a cutscene when she arrives safely.
- At the end of the level, Sentamarou will appear with four Pacifistas. Defeat all of the Pacifistas before delivering the finishing blow to Sentamarou. Be ready to dodge a lot since Pacifistas are no joke when it comes to battle, and four of them can prove to be quite difficult.
- There will be four territories with the “?” icon, clear each of them.
- While clearing the territories make sure no allies retreat before you reach Hody.
- You will fight Hody and he will retreat before appearing in the northeast section of the map.
- There will be two switches that you must destroy, and they will be marked on the map with a “!” icon. Destroy both as quickly as possible then head over to Hody to trigger the Treasure Event.
- Free Sanji from the Southern portion of the map in order to allow him to make his way to Vergo and fight him.
- Playing as Zoro, engage Monet.
- Make sure every Marine Captain escapes the first Shinokuni zone. This is a little difficult since you have to pretty much be the last person out. This is due to the fact that it seals off once you exit the zone.
- Once out, free all of the trapped Marine Captains (they’ll have a “?” icon over them) by defeating the enemy captains guarding them.
- After freeing the captains, head on over to Law and Smoker and make your way to Vergo (he’ll be in the SAD lab). Fight Vergo with Smoker close by to trigger one of the Treasure Events.
- After some time, most of the level will be contaminated leaving only the northwest section of the map. After about a minute, Caesar Clown will appear and he must be defeated as quickly as possible. If your friends clear one of the enemy territories before you beat Caesar, you will fail to unlock the Treasure Event.
- Playing as Luffy, make sure that no allies retreat as you fight and wait for the final fight against Caesar Clown. If done correctly, the Treasure Event will play right before the confrontation.
- Rush over to the Green Bit section of the map (located in the northwest) and clear it out. You want to race ahead of both Law and your other allies because once Law reaches the location, Bellamy will appear.
- Quickly defeat Bellamy before he retreats.
- There will be Pirate Captains after the Flame-Flame Fruit in the Colosseum. Once again, race ahead of Law to reach the area and defeat the captains. If Law gets there before you, there is a very high chance that he will die.
- Now you just have to locate Blackbeard and defeat him as fast as you can. He is a challenging fight, so make sure that whoever you use is at a relatively high level. Put your Kizuna Rush to use and you should be fine.
Now you know how to unlock the Treasure Events for some really cool story bits in One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3!