Ubisoft Montreal has outlined the changes that are coming to Rainbow Six Siege in the mid-season 4.2 patch that hits test servers today. Patch 4.2 follows the release of Operation White Noise and a major player milestone last month.
The patch addresses some minor bugs in maps and game modes, but the most significant changes remain the nerfs that are hitting fan-favorite characters like Ela, Twitch, and Ash. There is still no word on when this patch and its changes will hit the live servers.
Ela will now have a reduced magazine size in order to curb the overwhelming numbers of players who have been picking her. Her SMG will now only hold 40 rounds, down from its previous 50 round capacity.
Ela’s popularity is affecting the metagame significantly, so she is also receiving another change courtesy of the newly reduced concussion effects. Concussion will still reduce movement and camera rotation speed, but it will no longer disable sprint. The effects on movement will only last four instead of seven seconds, but the disorientation effects will still last seven seconds. Ela, along with her sister Zofia, will be affected the most by this change.
The nerfs will extend to other fan favorite characters as well, including Ash, Bandit, and Twitch. Ash, another Operator whose popularity is affecting the meta, will receive a damager nerf for her R4-C assault rifle. The high rate of fire combined with the weapon’s damage output was too appealing, so the assault rifle will now deal 39 instead of 41 damage.
The patch will also reduce Bandit’s barbed wire capacity to two (down from three). Twitch’s shock drone can now only shoot its annoying yet effective shock darts five instead of 15 times. The intent here is to make players choose their shots more carefully.
Meanwhile, two other characters are getting minor buffs to make them more appealing. Capitao’s machine gun will now deal 48 instead of 43 damage, with more changes to his weapon planned for later updates and patches. Finally, Lesion’s GU Mine will have a reduced timer of 30 seconds (down from 35), in order to up his ability to survive the match.
Outside of the changes being made to Operators, the patch also adds the ability for players to customize their render resolutions. Patch 4.2 will also make it easier for players to see which of their teammates is user the bomb defuser.
Here is a remaining list of 4.2 patch notes:
- FIXED – Shield exploit that involves Deployable Shields being held in front of an Operator.
- FIXED – Attack Operators can appear as a 2D texture when approaching broken walls while holding the hostage.
- FIXED – Certain operator weapons produce extremely bright smoke and can obscure the view of the players.
- FIXED – Zofia dies after using Withstand when a match has a Handicap of 75 or less Damage.
- FIXED – Bombers do not always spawn during a Terrorist Hunt Classic on Tower map.
- FIXED – Last three enemies of a wave will get stuck behind the reversed table in 2F Meeting room.
- FIXED – Switching to Dokkaebi on support mode during her gadget animation will show her gadget screen empty.
- FIXED – Dokkaebi loses functionality, and a broken animation is present if Dokkaebi gets into DBNO state while hacking the camera system.
- FIXED – No warning appears when Dokkaebi is out of Logic Bomb uses and tries to activate it.
- FIXED – When in ADS, you do not need to hold the appropriate key to use Logic Bomb.
- FIXED – Yokai is stuck and has framed camera rotation rate on uneven terrain/debris.
- FIXED – The drones including Yokai have issues smoothly turning when navigating on certain destructible surfaces.
- FIXED – The Yokai drone loses signal in multiple places on Tower.
- FIXED – Echo drone can stick to the canister under Mira’s Black Mirror.
- FIXED – Zofia’s LMG-E should have 150 bullets instead of 151.
- FIXED – Users can extend the bleed out timer by spamming Withstand.
- FIXED – Ying’s Candela will not go through the Ramps of 3F Watchtower of Oregon.
- FIXED – Players can prone between objects at 1F Trophy Room and be pushed inside the wall or outside at EXT Campfire Wood.
- FIXED – Nitro cells do not inflict damage if detonated on the plants from 1F Great Room.
- FIXED – Defenders in Prone stance in one corner of 1F Dining Room are not contesting the objective.
- FIXED – Bullets pass through the desk located at CCTV room.
- FIXED – Player can be stuck inside a wall if they use the vault prompt on beer cases.
- FIXED – Castle’s double door Armor Panels do not cover the entire frame.
- FIXED – Player can vault in a specific location to get on a window frame.
- FIXED – There are lights on the side of the tower, which can block an Attacker’s rappel trajectory.
- FIXED – Due to a missing texture, players can exploit an area using drones and kill enemies.
- FIXED – Attackers can plant the Defuser from outside the objective at Ext Main Entrance.
- FIXED – Attackers can place a drone inside the barricaded window of EXT Sweet Shops.
- FIXED – Vault prompt is missing on the rooftop of the building.
- FIXED – Too much smoke appears when shooting with some weapons.
- FIXED – Installing the latest graphics driver for AMD will cause a crash when explosives are triggered.
- FIXED – Concussion and Sonic Burst effect applies to replays if applied after the start of replay.