A solid start.
In less than four months, Nintendo has already managed to sell over a million Switch consoles in Japan – an impressive feat. According to Famitsu’s sales data (via Gematsu), a grand total of 1,016,473 units have been sold since the console’s launch on March 3.
In addition to that, Famitsu also posted a list of the best-selling games on the console in Japan. You can check them out down below.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 501,614 units
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 460,480 units
- 1-2-Switch – 200,807 units
- Arms – 154,845 units
- Super Bomberman R – 92,112 units
Rather surprisingly, Breath of the Wild wasn’t the best-selling game in Japan. It comes in second, just 40,000 units short of first place, where Mario Kart 8 Deluxe currently sits.
Nintendo’s strategy of releasing one major game a month for the console has definitely paid off, and it really shows in these sales numbers. This July, the headlining game for the console will be the highly anticipated Splatoon 2. Following that, players can look forward to other major titles like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Super Mario Odyssey.
The Nintendo Switch is now available for purchase.
- Former Dev Behind Limbo and Inside Announces New Sci-Fi Game Somerville
- Call of Duty Basks in the Sun With the New Days of Summer Season Event
- Heroes of the Storm’s First Summer Event Begins Today