Kojima Explains the Meaning of His New Logo
“We are those who play.”
Following his official departure from Konami, Hideo Kojima has announced a new, independent studio titled Kojima Productions.
Kojima also has a brand new logo, and while we’re convinced it’s a Rorschach test, he’s gone ahead and explained its intricate meaning so that the Twinfinite staff could stop spiraling into mania trying to figure it out.
“This is new studio’s logo. Looks like a medieval knight and also a space suit,” Kojima shared on Twitter. “It expresses the vision of ‘aiming the new world with the latest technology and pioneering spirit.'”
He also confirmed the design came from Yoji Shinkawa, the environment and mechanical designer for the Metal Gear series, as well as for the Zone of the Enders games.
Kojima Productions coupled their opening with the announcement of a partnership with Sony and a brand new website sporting a deep message to players of the world. This studio will be developing a PS4 exclusive title that will eventually come to PC.
While there’s no further details on the studio’s first project, the mission statement says they will be “developing products that will push the boundaries in innovation and ignite consumer interest world.”
- Could the Kojima-Sony Power Couple Make Silent Hills a Reality?
- We Should All Be as Happy as Andrew House Is With Kojima
- Was the Sony- Kojima Announcement Meant to Be at PSX?
- 4 Reasons Why Kojima and Sony Are a Match Made in Heaven
- Why Does Kojima Productions’ Team Look Like They’re Gonna Drop the Hottest Album of 2015?
- 5 Themes We Expect to See in Kojima’s Next Game
- Hideo Kojima’s Beard is the Most Important Part of the Announcement
- Kojima Partnership with Sony Makes Everyone Lose Their S**t