How To Fix Modern Warfare 2 Crashing on Xbox
Here are a few tips and tricks that can help fix the Xbox Crashing bug of Modern Warfare 2.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has finally been released on various platforms where players can participate in new modes and increase their rank levels. However, since the game is in its beginning stages, several users have encountered glitches that can crash the Public Multiplayer. To help with this problem, we’ll explain how to fix Modern Warfare 2’s Crashing bug for Xbox users.
Fixing Modern Warfare 2 Crashing on Xbox
If you are currently experiencing the Xbox Crashing bug of Modern Warfare 2, you can do the following methods to fix this issue:
- Restart the game.
- Reboot/Turn off the console.
- Check for any Modern Warfare 2 updates.
- Ensure that your Xbox is currently up-to-date with the latest system software.
- Check to see if your Xbox is overheating (re-locate it to a cool and well-ventilated place.
- Play with an untuned gun in Public Multiplayer.
- Turn off ‘Parallax Effects’ in settings.
- Wait for Infinity Ward to fix the Crashing bug.
- Delete saved game data.
One of the simplest things Xbox users can do to resolve this problem is restart the game/console and ensure that everything is up-to-date. Moreover, you can take it a step further by unplugging the power brick of the console and waiting 30 seconds. As a result, this method can fix this bug, but players can still try other techniques if the issue hasn’t been resolved.
One Reddit user has claimed that Weapon Tuning in Modern Warfare 2 can be the cause of the crash, so you can play with untuned guns in multiplayer to temporarily resolve the glitch:
Another possible way is to turn off the ‘Parallax Effects’ in the Interface settings, as shown in this post by CMG_Esports:
Unfortunately, some Xbox players have indicated that these methods don’t resolve the problem for them, and you may have to wait until Infinity Ward releases an update for Modern Warfare 2. In addition, you can check out Infinity Ward’s official Twitter account to keep track of launch issues since they have been replying to fans that have expressed their concerns about the game.
When all else fails, Xbox users can delete their saved game data, which may be corrupted for an unknown reason. However, because this option gets rid of all your progress, it isn’t recommended and should only be used as a last resort.
So there you have it, this is how to fix Modern Warfare 2’s Crashing bug on Xbox. Before you go, you can check out the relevant links below to see more content about the game, including the MW2 Battle Pass release date, how to show FPS, and all Modern Warfare 2 voice actors.
About the author
- Best Cronen Squall Loadout in Warzone 2 & Modern Warfare 2
- Best Vaznev-9K Loadout in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2
- Best TAQ-56 Loadout in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2
- Best Kastov 762 Loadout in Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2
- Best FJX Imperium (Intervention) Loadout in Warzone 2 & Modern Warfare 2