With FIFA 22‘s Ultimate Team mode now in full swing, players are desperately looking for even better cards to bolster their dream team. The good news is that there’s a new promo to help scratch that itch. The FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts cards will give players the chance to get cards that will upgrade throughout the year. In this guide, we’ll explain what they are, how to get them, when the promo starts, and our Road to the Knockouts predictions for which players will get one of these special cards.
What Are Road to the Knockouts Cards?
The Road to the Knockouts (RTTK) cards will essentially replace the Road to the Final (RTTF) cards we’ve seen in previous FIFA games.
The cards will begin at their slightly improved ratings, before being upgraded the further their team progresses in either the Champion’s League, Europa League or Conference League. For each round that they progress through (including the group stages of each competition) they’ll receive a +1 boost to their OVR rating.
When Does FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts Start?
The Road to the Knockouts promotion is set to start on Friday, Oct. 15, at around 10:00am PT/ 1:00pm ET/ 6:00pm GMT.
At this time, we’ll see the first set of Road to the Knockouts cards get released, however, there’s a good chance another set will be released a week or two later. The exact timeline for these hasn’t been released yet.
How to Get Road to the Knockouts Player Cards
As is always the case with promo cards, the FIFA 22 Road to the Knockout players will primarily be obtained from packs. This means you’ll either need to spend your coins or real-life cash on FIFA Points to obtain them.
There’s also a chance that EA Sports may release some FIFA 22 RTTK cards through SBCs in order to help balance out the transfer market economy. We could also see some of the lower-rated RTTK cards feature as Objectives rewards, though this is all speculation for the time being.
All FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts Players
EA Sports has now announced the FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts Team 1. This consists of 11 players, and will be followed by another 11 players due to be announced and released into packs this Friday, Oct. 22.
The FIFA 22 RTTK Team 1 players are as follows:
- Marquinhos – CB – PSG – 89 OVR
- Sané – RM – Bayern – 88 OVR
- Vidal – CM – Inter – 85 OVR
- Rodrygo – RW – Real Madrid – 84 OVR
- Mukiele – RWB – RB Leipzig – 84 OVR
- Tonali – CDM – AC Milan – 84 OVR
- Gravenberch – CM – Ajax – 82 OVR
- Isak – ST – Real Sociedad – 86 OVR
- Diop – CB – West Ham United – 83 OVR
- Son – LM – Tottenham Hotspur – 90 OVR
- Traore – RB – Stade Rennais FC – 84 OVR
FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts Predictions
Trying to predict which players EA Sports will give RTTK cards for is difficult, given there’s so many top-tier players competing in the Champion’s League, Europa League and Conference League. That being said, we’ve given it our best try to pinpoint some players that seem like good fits for the promotion below:
Note: The OVR ratings listed here are simply one higher than their current base cards in FIFA 22. The further these players’ teams progress in the real-life tournaments, the higher their overall ratings will rise.
- Robertson – LB – Liverpool – 88 OVR
- Kimpembe – CB – PSG – 85 OVR
- Dani Olmo – CAM – RB Leipzig – 84 OVR
- Correa – ST – Atletico Madrid – 85 OVR
- Marcos Llorente – CM – Atletico Madrid – 87 OVR
- James – RWB – Chelsea – 84 OVR
- Bellingham – CM – Dortmund – 82 OVR
- Greenwood – RM – Manchester United – 79 OVR
- Jong – CM – Barcelona – 88 OVR
- Casteels – GK – Vfl Wolfsburg – 87 OVR
- Son – LM – Tottenham Hotspur – 90 OVR
- Pogba – CM – Manchester United – 88 OVR
- Jota – LW – Liverpool – 83 OVR
For more tips and tricks, head on over to our wiki, or see more of our coverage on the game below.
- FIFA 22 Early Access Tips to Maximize Your 10 EA Play Hours
- EA Sports Reveals FIFA 22’s Top 22 Player Ratings; Cristiano Ronaldo Downgraded
- FIFA 22 Revealed For PS5, Xbox SeriesX|S, PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Stadia with First Trailer