Respawn Entertainment released the patch notes for the upcoming Season 8 update for Apex Legends containing a new character, weapon, and several changes and fixes.
The other new addition to the game is the 30-30 Repeater, a heavy ammo lever-action rifle that reloads one round at a time and has a built-in charge for higher damage shots with a short build-up. Season 8 also introduces Gold-tier magazines that automatically reload weapons when holstered with the same capacity as Purple magazines.
The game’s first map Kings Canyon will receive a makeover with new areas and some pathways or places opening up to allow more open rotations and space.
A few characters received changes such as a slightly larger hitbox for the popular Wraith, Crypto can longer stick Arc Stars to his drone, and Mirage’s decoys will now create footstep sounds “in a limited capacity.”
Other features in the patch notes include a damage counter on the in-game HUD to track total damage dealt during a match, another way to ping for more ammo in the inventory screen, and healing and reviving following colorblind rules when enabled.
- Apex Legends Gets Nintendo Switch Gameplay Trailer Ahead of Release
- Apex Legends Celebrates Two Years With Anniversary Collection Event
- Apex Legends Coming to Nintendo Switch in March; New Players Receive Free Battle Pass Levels
- What’s New in Apex Legends Season 8? Everything You Need to Know
- Apex Legends Season 8 Battle Pass Adds Legendary Skins for Bangalore & Lifeline