Mantis Blades are easily one of the coolest and best weapons in Cyberpunk 2077. These giant blades extend out the top of your forearms, allowing you to slice and dice your enemies in gory fashion. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to get Mantis Blades in Cyberpunk 2077, and the best Mantis Blade build to make use of your shiny new toys.
How to Get Mantis Blades in Cyberpunk 2077
Mantis Blades can be purchased from any Ripperdoc in Night City. We found them with Victor, the first Ripperdoc you meet right near the beginning of the game.
To buy Mantis Blades, you’ll need 15,350 eddies. You’ll also need to have reached Street Cred level 20, but you can check out our guide on how to level up your Street Cred fast to make light work of that.
Once you’ve purchased these from a Ripperdoc, you’ll have them equipped and ready to use whenever you need. The Mantis Blades can be used like any other melee weapon, pressing RT/ R2/ LMB to perform a light attack, and holding it to perform a heavy attack.
There are actually three different rarity types of Mantis Blades available for purchase. We’ve listed them down below, including their price and what they offer.
- Rare Mantis Blades
- Two deadly blades used for melee combat and to lunge at enemies. One mod slot available (edge).
- Cost: 15,350 Eddies
- Epic Mantis Blades
- Adds a second mod slot (rotor).
- Cost: 25,350 Eddies
- Legendary Mantis Blades
- Adds a third mod slot (universal).
- Cost: 100,350 Eddies
Best Mantis Blade Build
The Best Mantis Blade build we can make in Cyberpunk 2077 requires you have the Legendary Mantis Blades. That’s because it’s the mods you can equip to these arm-mounted blades that really make them a formidable weapon.
In addition to this, you’ll want to make sure you’re pouring a lot of your attribute points into Reflexes. For each point you put into Reflexes, you’ll increase damage from your Mantis Blades by 3.
Best Mantis Blade Cyberware
The best Cyberware we’ve found for Mantis Blades falls under the ‘Skeleton’ section and it’s called Microrotors.
Microtors increase your melee weapon attack speed by 5% with the common variant, right up to 25% for the legendary variant.
We’d pair Microrotors with Bionic Lungs — which increase your max stamina from between 20%-60% depending on rarity — or Microvibration Generator which boosts melee weapon damage from between 5%-15%.
Pairing any of these three Cyberware options will enable you to not only hit harder and faster with your Mantis Blades, but for longer too, thanks to the boosts to Stamina.
Best Mantis Blade Mods
We’ve listed all Mantis Blades mods for you below, and we’ll pick out our favorites a bit further down.
|All Mantis Blade Mods in Cyberpunk 2077|
|Blade – Physical Damage||Rare||Change type of damage dealt to physical.|
|Blade – Thermal Damage||Rare||Change type of damage dealt to thermal.|
|Blade – Chemical Damage||Rare||Changes type of damage dealt to chemical.|
|Blade – Electrical Damage||Rare||Changes type of damage dealt to electrical.|
|Slow Rotor||Epic||Attack speed +20%|
|Fast Rotor||Epic||Attack speed +40%|
|Haming-8 Rotor||Legendary||Attack speed +25%|
Our personal picks for the best Mantis Blade mods would be the following:
- Haming-8 Rotor (any rotor upgrade will do until you can get this).
- Blade-Thermal Damage
- Cold Shoulder (Melee Mod) – This adds +7 damage to your melee weapon.
Best Mantis Blade Perks
You’ll want to pour most of your perk points into the ‘Blades’ perks. We’ve highlighted five of our favorites below that, combined with the mods and cyberware we’ve noted above will make V a formidable Mantis Blade killing machine.
- Deathbolt (18 Reflexes Required) – While wielding a blade, defeating an enemy restores 20% health and increases movement speed by 30% for five seconds.
- Blessed Blades (10 Reflexes Required) – Increases Crit Chance with blades by 20%.
- Flight of the Sparrow (6 Reflexes Required) – Reduces the stamina cost of all attacks with blades by 30%/50%.
- Judge, Jury and Executioner (15 Reflexes Required) – Damage with blades is increased by 50%/75%/ 100% against targets with max health.
- Dragon Strike (20 Reflexes, 20 Blades Required) – Increases Crit Damage with blades by 25%. (+1% per perk point).
- You Can Now Mod Cyberpunk 2077 & Play Through With a Full Party of Companions
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Commit to Improving The Game; Next-Gen Update Coming in Second Half of 2021
- Here’s How Big Cyberpunk 2077’s Map Is (Measured)
- Cyberpunk 2077 Guide Wiki
- Cyberpunk 2077 Support To Be Monitored by Polish Consumer Protection Agency