PS5 Showcase Predictions
Obvious PS5 Showcase prediction is obvious. Given that Microsoft officially announced the price and release date of its two next-gen consoles — the Xbox Series X and Series S — last week, it’s clear that Sony was waiting for their big competitors to pull the trigger before they did the same.
Exactly what those price tags are on the PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition remain to be seen, but that doesn’t mean we can’t speculate. Given the PS5’s competing directly with the Xbox Series X, $499 seems like a sensible guess.
As for the Digital Edition which, as far as we know, the only difference is the lack of a disc drive on the system compared to the normal PS5, we’d put a little lower.
I wouldn’t expect it to be in the same ball park as the Xbox Series S, given that’s not quite as powerful as both PS5 SKUs, but $349 could be what Sony attempts to aim for with its cheaper console.
Regardless of what the prices come out at during the PS5 showcase, you can bet your bottom dollar they’ll be announced this week.
- Resident Evil Village Review – I’m Lycan This
- 5 Insane Uncharted 4 Moments to Celebrate Its 5 Year Anniversary
- Venom: Let There Be Carnage Gets Crazy First Trailer
- 4 Incredible, Tiny Details in Resident Evil Village
- Apex Legends Arenas Mode Changes the Game Up in All the Right Ways