Technique Points in Ghost of Tsushima are what you’ll use to learn abilities on Jin Sakai’s conquest against the invading Mongol forces on the isle of Tsushima. In this guide, we’ll run you through how to get Technique Points in Ghost of Tsushima, as well as how to use them.
Getting Technique Points in Ghost of Tsushima
Technique Points are earned by increasing your ‘Legend.’ This can be checked from the ‘Map’ screen at any time.
Your ‘Legend’ is your status that essentially means how big your reputation has grown in the field of combat. The higher it gets, the more formidable Jin Sakai is deemed to be by his enemies.
You can increase your Legend by doing pretty much anything successfully in the game, though it does tend to involve Jin getting his sword a bit bloody!
The following activities in-game will help increase your Legend:
- Beating Camps & Forts
- Completing Quests
- Complete Tales of Tsushima (side quests)
- Random World Events
- Good Performance in Combat
- Winning a Standoff
Each of these activities will contribute towards one ‘notch’ on your ‘Legend.’ Each tier of Jin’s ‘Legend’ has five notches you’ll need to fill to reach the next one. Each notch on your ‘Legend’ will reward you with a Technique Point in Ghost of Tsushima.
How to Use Technique Points
To use a Technique Point you’ll want to press the Options button and tab over to the ‘Techniques’ menu. Select the technique that you want to unlock and then press and hold X to buy it.
Each ability’s description explains how to use it, and it’s worth noting that some, particularly in the ‘Exploration’ section will be more passive buffs to Jin’s abilities, rather than ones you have to manually activate.
That’s how to get Technique Points in Ghost of Tsushima. Head over to our Ghost of Tsushima wiki for more helpful guides.
- Ghost of Tsushima Tops NPD July Charts; Is Fourth Biggest US Sony Launch Ever
- 8 Things to Do After Beating Ghost of Tsushima
- Ghost of Tsushima Video Discusses the Historical Perspective; Digital Deluxe Upgrade Released
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Ticking off Ghost of Tsushima’s Map Is Incredibly Therapeutic