One of the rarest fish you can catch in Animal Crossing New Horizons is the Dorado. This golden fish is about 36 inches and its name is derived from the Spanish word for ‘gold’ aptly describing its appearance. In this Animal Crossing New Horizons Dorado guide, we’ll talk you through its seasonality and spawn times, how to catch it, and finally how much you can sell it for.
Dorado Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Dorado can only be caught during the summer months in the northern and southern hemispheres. These are as follows:
- Northern Hemisphere: June – September
- Southern Hemisphere: December – March
The Dorado will only spawn during daytime hours. That means you can only try catching a Dorado between 4am and 9pm. Fish outside of these hours and it will never spawn.
Catching the Dorado in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To catch a Dorado in Animal Crossing New Horizons, make sure you’ve got your fishing rod equipped and you’re walking up and down your island’s river, keeping an eye out for large fish shadows.
Whenever you see one, cast your line and wait for it to bite, pulling the float under the surface of the water. When it does this, you can then press A quickly to reel in the Dorado and catch it.
Keep in mind that the Dorado is an incredibly rare fish, so there’s no guarantee that the first large fish shadow you see is going to net you this big golden scaley fella.
If you’re struggling to catch a Dorado, try using Fishing Bait to force fish to spawn in your river. Keep your fingers crossed that it’s a large shadow and then hope that you catch it.
Dorado Sell Price
The Dorado can be sold for 15,000 Bells at Nook’s Cranny. Alternatively, if CJ shows up in your town, he’ll buy the Dorado for 22,500 Bells each.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons