In Animal Crossing New Horizons, you can catch a variety of bugs and fish but most of them can only be caught under specific conditions, such as the time of day and location. If you’ve been on the hunt for a certain creature in the game, here’s what you need to know about how to catch a frog in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Catching a Frog in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Before you get all excited to go out there and catch some frogs, you’re going to need a fishing rod (and some luck) first. If you don’t have a fishing rod yet, here’s a guide that should help you out.
Now, frogs can only be caught under certain conditions as we had mentioned previously. As of writing, frogs aren’t available right now in the game since it’s April. Unless you time travel, you won’t be able to catch one until it gets a bit warmer outside.
If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, frogs will up for grabs starting in May and up until August. They are able to be caught all day long but can only be found in ponds –no rivers or oceans for this one.
As for the Southern Hemisphere, you can only get it from November to February.
Once you finally get your hands on it, you will be able to sell it for 120 Bells at Nook’s Cranny or you can donate it to the museum to show it off to passing island visitors.
To sum up how to catch frog in Animal Crossing New Horizons:
- For starters, make sure that you have a fishing rod.
- You want to fish during the months of May – August.
November – February for you Southern Hemisphere people.
- Fish in the ponds at any time of the day until you find one.
And now you know everything about how to catch a frog in Animal Crossing New Horizons, make sure to check out our extensive Guide Wiki to learn more about some other rare things like the Peacock Butterfly or a Tarantula.
For even more Animal Crossing content, just search Twinfinite.
- 8 Ways to Prepare for Animal Crossing New Horizons’ 2.0 Update & Happy Home Paradise
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons v2.0 Update? Everything You Need to Know
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons’ Happy Home Paradise DLC? Everything You Need to Know
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road