Sims 4 has been out for a while on PS4 and is of course a hit on PC, but it has recently been made free to PlayStation Plus subscribers. Cheats make the game a lot easier, and in some instances more fun. So that you can do things like get unlimited money, here’s everything you need to know about how to use cheats in Sims 4 on PS4 and Xbox One.
There’s a huge list of cheats available in the game now. There’s some for simple things like changing how your sims look, and even some that tie into the game’s many themed expansions.
How to Use Cheats in Sims 4 PS4 & Xbox One
Using cheats works in the same way as it does on PC, you just need to press different things to do it.
When in live mode and looking at your sims, press all four of your controller’s shoulder buttons at the same time. So, on PS4 that would be L1, L2, R1, and R2, and on Xbox One it would be LB, LT, RB, and RT. This will bring up the command line on the screen, which will allow you to use cheats.
Then, you need to type in “testingcheats on” (without the quotation marks). Then you can type in the input for a set of cheats you want to implement. Now, when you back out of the command line, the changes will be evident in-game.
Here are a bunch of cheat guides we already have published, if you’re looking for certain cheats.
- How to Get Rich, Have a Baby, and More
- Discover University: All Degrees, Careers, Skills & More
- Realm of Magic Cheats: How to Increase Spellcaster Rank, Unlock Spells & More
- How to Do Motherlode Cheat (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
- Pregnancy: How to Induce Labor, Choose Gender, Have Twins & More
- Island Living: How to Turn Into Mermaid, Conservation Career, Clean Up & More
- How to Use the Money Cheat
Time needed: 1 minute.
In short, to use cheats in Sims 4 PS4 and Xbox One
- Press all four shoulder buttons at once to open up the command line.
- Type in ‘testing cheats on’
- Type in the cheat you want to activate.
That’s everything you need to know about how to use cheats in Sims 4 on PS4 and Xbox One. For more tips and tricks on all things The Sims 4, be sure to search for Twinfinite.