With the release of the Shadowbringers expansion, Square Enix didn’t just push out a whole new story arc, but also tons of other resources that you can obtain with your gathering and crafting classes. Here’s how to get Shell Leather in FFXIV.
Getting Shell Leather in FFXIV
Unlike most other leather-type materials and resources that you can get in the game, Shell Leather is a little trickier to acquire. For starters, you can’t just get it with a gathering class or by killing specific enemy types. Instead, you can only get it through treasure hunts.
Of course, you’ll always have the option of getting it through trading with other players or buying it off the market board, but the prices will likely be on the higher side as they’re not easily obtained. Because of that, it might be better to just try to acquire it yourself.
You can get Shell Leather in FFXIV through the treasure hunts that you unlock through the new Timeworn Zonureskin Maps introduced in Shadowbringers.
Once you have a Map, you can decipher it and attempt the hunt with a party, and you’ll have a chance of getting Shell Leather at the end of the run as one of the rewards.
We’ve listed all the possible ways to get Timeworn Zonureskin Maps down below:
- Lakeland, Hare Among Giants (logging)
- Amh Araeng, Ladle (logging)
- Kholusia, Scree (harvesting)
- Rak’tika Greatwood, The Wild Fete (harvesting)
- Lakeland, Weed (harvesting)
- Lakeland, The Church of the First Light (mining)
- Rak’tika Greatwood, The Wild Fete (mining)
- Kholusia, Amity (quarrying)
- Amh Araeng, Mount Biran Mines (quarrying)
With Shell Leather, you’ll be able to craft the entire Rebel armor set, which looks pretty sweet.
To recap, here’s how to get Shell Leather in FFXIV:
- Obtain a Timeworn Zonureskin Map through gathering.
- Decipher the map and go on the treasure hunt.
- Complete the hunt for a chance to obtain Shell Leather.
That’s all you need to know about how to get Shell Leather in FFXIV. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game. We’ve also got guides on how to start new game plus and the new Copied Factory alliance raid.