Pokemon Sword and Shield have plenty of adorable new creatures to catch and train, and it wouldn’t be a Pokemon game without an early little bug you can catch. This time around that’s Blipbug, and you might be wondering how to get Blipbug and evolve into Dottler in Pokemon Sword and Shield. We’ve got just the answer you need.
How to Get Blipbug & Evolve Into Dottler in Pokemon Sword & Shield
The good news is that you shouldn’t have much trouble with Blipbug, considering it is an early Pokemon in both Sword and Shield. Below we’ll list the locations you can find it at.
Overworld Locations (Visible in the world)
- Slumbering Weald – Low Level – 20% chance – Note this is the easiest location early on, as you can catch Blipbug at the very beginning when you save Wooloo.
- Giant’s Cap (2) – 35%
- Giant’s Cap (3) – 35%
- Route 2 – High Level – 30%
Non-Overworld Locations (Random Battles)
- Slumbering Weald – 10%
- Route 2 – 40%
Capturing a Blipbug should be easy to do, but it’s not the hardiest or best Pokemon around, so you’ll want to evolve it into Dottler. Once evolved it’ll turn into a Bug-Psychic type, and unlock some super useful Psychic moves. This is even more true for the third evolution, Orbeetle. Luckily it’s easy, so let’s walk through it.
Time needed: 1 hour.
Here’s how to evolve Blipbug in Pokemon Sword and Shield.
- First catch a Blipbug in the Slumbering Weald, Route 2, or Giant’s Cap.
- Simply raise the Blipbug to level 10 and it’ll evolve into Dottler.
- After that keep raising the Pokemon to level 30 and it’ll evolve into Orbeetle.
Hopefully, that helps give you some info on how to get Blipbug and evolve into Dottler.
For even more tips and info make sure to check out our Pokemon Sword and Shield guide wiki. We have plenty of other helpful guides, like the ones down below.
- Where the Move Reminder Is & How to Relearn Moves
- How to Change Uniform
- How to Evolve Milcery & Get Alcremie
- How to Get Sizzlipede & Evolve Into Centiskorch